Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Wold Matchplay, Blackpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

CHD wrote: »
    G'wan Jenkins.

G'wan Denis 12-12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Now that's what i'm talkin about. Great last leg, now wake up and win a TV Tourny Jenkin's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Great game, Bull held his nerve, but fair play to Ovens

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah great entertainment. Fair play to Ovens. not many thought he would be that close, me included, he made a real game of it. Quality last 2 legs from Jenkins though, his big stage experience won through in the end.

Lets hope tonights games are equally as entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Enjoyed that, apart from result. Denis pushed him all the way, would have liked to have seen him get through and hopefully play Mark Walsh in the 1/4's but not to be. Hope Walshie can still get there though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Come on Ronnie!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

taberns struggling on them doubles, think his tache is putting him off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Double Top wrote: »
    Can't wait for 7pm now, going to be one hell of a night of darts, anderson/wade will be unbelieveable as long as anderson doesn't get the famous "nerves" he's so use to getting

barney/walsh and baxter/tabern...can't wait:D:D:D

Hope Anderson/Wade lives up to previous meetings, think they've played eachother twice in the grand prix and both and been belters!

Anyone know if there have been any big checkouts during the baxter/tabern game? I've a little wager on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

what is wrong with both of them, i have heard of nerves but this is kinda taking the pi**.

Tabern starting to get into it. Baxter in trouble.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Tabern starting to get into it. Baxter in trouble.

think your right there mate, that was a lovely finish, it will give in a bit more confidence. baxter will never give up but i think there's a little doubt creeping in

taberns on fiiiiiiire

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

turning into a nice game...

This is unreal. Brilliant stuff. Come on Ronnie!!

what a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, might of started slow but my god was it action packed. just proves my point, we should have a second division in the premier league

YES!!!!!!! :)

What a game. Baxter really has been in some absolute classics during his career. Wasn't great quality but pure entertainment

Barneyitis striking again

Barney wins 13-11.

What is wrong with the man? He was averaging 97 and had an over 50% checkout rate and he was still shaking his head at everything. It's all negative for him at the moment and he let Walsh back into the game. Walsh could have nicked it in the end.

He really has to dort himself out but fair play to him for getting through a very tough game.

was flickin on to it online every now and then didnt see his manager/mentor/lover there, was he at it

Really hope Anderson can win this! Sounds like the crowd are well up for this.

• Advertisement

come on anderson

bye bye anderson

Double Top wrote: »
    bye bye anderson

dickhead :D:D:D

Jay.cymru wrote: »
    dickhead :D:D:D

LOL!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I'm a fan of Anderson, never met him or don't know about him really apart from being on TV over the years but looks to be a sound lad! For some reason also I'm not a fan of Wade, I don't know why!!!!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Anderson, never met him or don't know about him really apart from being on TV over the years but looks to be a sound lad! For some reason also I'm not a fan of Wade, I don't know why!!!!

ye i dont like wade either and its for no reason just something about him, ye anderson is sound he was in the farmhouse last year with robbo garry robson that lads a lunatic :D:D:D both ended up down paps in dun laoghaire :)

Andersons doubles really let him down, especially in the early part of the game. He was outscoring Wade and then missing his doubles which let Wade get into a good lead and Gary was never going to catch him after that. He needs to work on his doubles because his scoring is brilliant.

Wade was solid and deserved his win. Hopefully Baxter will kick his ass tonight though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Afternoon Session (1pm start)
    Quarter-Finals
    Mervyn King v Vincent van der Voort
    Longer game will suit King
    Terry Jenkins v Raymond van Barneveld
    Barneys head is still up in the clouds annoying to watch.I hope Terry beats him
    Evening Session (7pm start)
    James Wade v Ronnie Baxter
    Wade looked good against Anderson last night.
    Phil Taylor v Adrian Lewis
    Cant see Lewis beating Taylor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Hope Ronnie wins, but I feel the Machine is playing too well to be beaten. Taylor won't let Lewis try any silly buggers on him like the Lloyd match,even though he was his 'mentor'. Jenkins, if he turns up, metaphorically speaking, can beat Barney. Barney looks to me not mentally right at the moment, that Las Vegas performance was strange and a bit bizarre tbh.
    King should beat VVDW,

• Advertisement

Afternoon Session (1pm start)
    Quarter-Finals
    Mervyn King v Vincent van der Voort
    Terry Jenkins v Raymond van Barneveld

Evening Session (7pm start)
    James Wade v Ronnie Baxter
    Phil Taylor v Adrian Lewis

King's consistency should be ebough to see off VdV but if VdV can get into his rythm early it could be a very close game.

Jenkins and barney has the makings of an absolute epic. Barney's head is all over the place and Jenkins has been playing very well so i would put Jenks down as slight favourite. I just think that Barney will snap out out of this slump he is in and do enough to win the game. Don't be surprised if this goes all the way, and I hope it does!

Wade has to be favourite for this but if Ronnie can find the form he had against Barney in the World Championships and on the Pro Tour then he has a real chance. I think Wade's doubles will win it for him but I really hope that Baxter can do it. I would be delighted if Ronnie could wina major before he retires.

Taylor will cricify Lewis. Lewis never plays well against Taylor because, to put it simply, he is scared of the man. Even if Lewis can finish the 156's etc that he did in the last round it won't be enough because he is far too inconsistent. Taylor to win easy in this one.

Advertisement