Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Wold Matchplay, Blackpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shockframe

king started well.whats sid doing commenting on this."tayloresque,snatchy,snatchy,food-darts ananlogy,180+ average etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

King has started this match really well and it looks like he could win this match pretty easy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This is a bit of a hammering for VdV. King playing excellent stuff.

This could be a brilliant match with jenkins and barrney,im going to go for a 16 - 12 win for barney.:D

jenkins could win this one.theres bound to be an upset today.this looks the most likely one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Think Barney will lose the head in this one again... Doesn't look like he has his game face on....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've gone for Barney to nick it but really could go either way. I expect a very close game.

Jenkins is starting really well with two brilliant finishes all ready.

Quality match so far. 5-5 at the break all with through. Jenks missed one shot at double to break.

Could be a long one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks any links to the barney match ?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    folks any links to the barney match ?

try either of these

www.justin.tv/uggla

www.justin.tv/dart501

www.justin.tv/smoggychris

Degag wrote: »
    Think Barney will lose the head in this one again... Doesn't look like he has his game face on....

Barney is shaking his head alot now, i dont understand it after starting so well why does he let one bad dart get to him.

come on Barney

mixed up wrote: »
    Barney is shaking his head alot now, i dont understand it after starting so well why does he let one bad dart get to him.

Yeah he is in serious trouble.

He has changed his flights during the break as well to the longer thinner flights.

barney is gone

Headshot wrote: »
    barney is gone

he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Fai play to Jenkins,great darts. Barney has some serious head games going on:confused:

King and jenkins into the semis its hard to see baxter beating wade or taylor losing to lewis.

Barney needs a break from the game to sort himself out. I think it's the frustration of not winning anything for 2 years but it's embarrassing the way he has been acting, like a spoilt child. It's hard to cheer for a guy who gives up as soon as he goes a break down. All the great players are fighters, Braney used to be one of those bnow it seems to be gone. I have a bad feeling that he is getting fed up with the game.

Take nothing away from Terry though, brilliant performance from him. I would love to see him win a major because he has gotten to a final 6 times and lost them all. He is nice lad who deserves a win. He won't win this one though, Baxter will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Baxter?? Averaged 88 and scraped past Tabern?? I dunno, looks like a Taylor v Wade or Taylor Jenkins final now.

God willing Lewis will cause a serious upset tonight

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Barney needs a break from the game to sort himself out. I think it's the frustration of not winning anything for 2 years but it's embarrassing the way he has been acting, like a spoilt child. It's hard to cheer for a guy who gives up as soon as he goes a break down. All the great players are fighters, Braney used to be one of those bnow it seems to be gone. I have a bad feeling that he is getting fed up with the game.

Take nothing away from Terry though, brilliant performance from him. I would love to see him win a major because he has gotten to a final 6 times and lost them all. He is nice lad who deserves a win. He won't win this one though, Baxter will :)

barney was like this in the bdo aswell.he threw his darts in the lake after losing to chris mason in 2000.hes a great player but there have been times throughout his career where he does not live up to his expectations.its all or nothing.when hes going well he can win 3 tournaments a year but if hes going bad it tends to be 12 months long.

as you say though great for jenkins.my favourite player.hope he wins the tournament but its all set up for a taylor wade final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Kingp35 wrote: »

Couldnt agree more, Barney should be ashamed of his attitude, hes supposed to be a professional, he was a joke this week.

What was the final score guys.... had to go into town during the match:mad:

I think it wouldn't be a bad thing if Barney took a break from the game. His heart really isn't in it and he looks like he's really disillusioned with things. I can see the fans starting to turn on him too if he doesn't cop himself on.

Baxter?? Averaged 88 and scraped past Tabern?? I dunno, looks like a Taylor v Wade or Taylor Jenkins final now.

God willing Lewis will cause a serious upset tonight

I was joking, I don't think he will win it but I would love it if he did. He wasn't great against Tabern but he was very good against Klaasen. Baxter can out score anyone, it's all about his doubles.

Degag wrote: »
    What was the final score guys.... had to go into town during the match:mad:

I think it wouldn't be a bad thing if Barney took a break from the game. His heart really isn't in it and he looks like he's really disillusioned with things. I can see the fans starting to turn on him too if he doesn't cop himself on.

king 16-6 vdv
    jenkins 16-12 barney

Great game so far. Ronnie really putting it up to him. Come on Ronnie!!!! :)

This really is a terrific game of darts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Can Baxter see it out?
    I keep thinking hes going to stop hitting big scores and he keeps on pounding em in.

Come on Ronnie! Keep it up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Brilliant win for Baxter,he's been playing outstanding this year. Kicking myself now,he was 5/1 in the bookies today and was going to back him but changed my mind!:mad:

Advertisement