Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Wold Matchplay, Blackpool

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Taylor was greta but Jenkins never showed up. He is a much better thrower than that and if he had thrown the way he can it would have been much closer.

I have great respect for Taylor, the best player there has ever been but my gad are his games incredibly boring to watch!

you are joking ,how many 9 darters was he on for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nah I'm with Kingp here. I legitimately fell asleep during both tonight's game and the Lewis match.

That being said, they are still required watching...because it only makes it better when someone challenges him. Whether that will happen for the rest of the year, who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

jwshooter wrote: »

Jenkins only averaged early nineties, not good enough for a final!

That was the most boring final I've ever witnessed, too much 1 sided!:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

jwshooter wrote: »

That's all well and good, but it's one leg of darts. The other 20 odd are just boring as hell. There is ZERO entertainment in watching the same player hammer everyone all the time. I know it's not Taylors fault and it's up to the other players to improve, still doesn't change the fact that it's very boring to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Ya he really takes the fun out of watching darts. Again it's up to everyone else to step up but I find myself switching over when there's a Taylor game on. Call me selfish but I want to be entertained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Seeing him attempt to get 9 darters isn't much fun anymore because it's done so regularily now. Going back a few years it was exciting but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

When he's gone it will be a much more level playing field

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

When he's gone it will be a much more level playing field

Doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. I always thought it was cool that a dart player could have such a long career conceivably well into your 50s-60s. Starting to reconsider that as Taylor is so far ahead of the rest. Don't get me wrong he's a legend and a fantastic ambassador for darts, its just soooooooooooo predictable nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Doesnt sound like i missed much then last night by not seeing the final. Went to the pub thinking it would be on - but the locals were all glued to the sunday game - thought i might be asked to leave if i suggested switching over to the darts.
    What did Taylors average finish out at?
    The man is like a robot, he should take up archery / clay pigeon shooting or something to give everyone else a shot at winning in the darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Rob113 wrote: »
    Doesnt sound like i missed much then last night by not seeing the final. Went to the pub thinking it would be on - but the locals were all glued to the sunday game - thought i might be asked to leave if i suggested switching over to the darts.
    What did Taylors average finish out at?
    The man is like a robot, he should take up archery / clay pigeon shooting or something to give everyone else a shot at winning in the darts.

Darts were well over before the Sunday Game!

• Advertisement
Advertisement