Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice

Options
  • 14-07-2009 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi, i have a huge ensuite bathroom and i am thinking of putting shelves in it for clothes and maybe a clothes rail to make use of the space. does anybody know if this is ok or would my clothes go mouldy? there is no shower or bath in it, just a toiled and sink so shouldnt be much steam. (already have two showers and a bath in house didnt need another one)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Just a toilet and sink should be fine.I have never had the problem like i am sure many have not. Have you though of this seriously.

Why dont you get doors put on it like sliderobes with mirrors to make it look better,

I am sure you have a fan in the bathroom.

Perhaps someone with more experience would be better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maturestudent20

thanx a mill
    would luv proper sliderobes but im on a budget :(
    any ideas appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Unless you have a very damp house you shouldn't have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

unless the place is filled with steam the whole time you should not have a problem

be very careful though drilling holes in the walls not to hit a water pipe.

i thought one of the other guys would have picked up on this . tut tut. ha ha

you could assumme that the water pipe will come straight up from the floor or ceiling in line with the taps or toilets . but you never know the mental state of your builder ha ha so take care

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Martron wrote: »
    unless the place is filled with steam the whole time you should not have a problem

be very careful though drilling holes in the walls not to hit a water pipe.

i thought one of the other guys would have picked up on this . tut tut. ha ha

you could assumme that the water pipe will come straight up from the floor or ceiling in line with the taps or toilets . but you never know the mental state of your builder ha ha so take care

Nothing to tut tut about. He is leaving the basin and toilet in and said it was not set up from the beinning from anything else but any DIYER will always check for pipes cables and studs to make life easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

was only offering advice and trying to get a bit of friendly banter goin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Nah...the whole lot has to come down.

We don't know what's behind there. Hidden junctions, mould, pipes!

Tear it down and get proper permits for everything.

Above advice copyright Holmes on homes and in no way reflects this posters opinion, and for what it's worth no matter what t'other half says Mike is not gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maturestudent20

thanks guys gonna get started this weekend, wish me luck!

Advertisement