Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the best SD card?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I would avoid the bay for Memory Cards as there are a lot of fakes on there.

Look at 7dayshop.com or MyMemory.co.uk to see what they have. I tend to use Sandisk cards (Cat 6) but have also heard that Lexar are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You shouldn't buy cards off ebay, period. (even ebay says that)

That looks like what your looking for alright but try memoryc.ie
    Based in Celbridge with next day delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

+ 1 for 7dayshop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

When I got mine I got them from a place in town which has closed down since. The place was called Max Burns and their original store is still open in Tallaght. They do good deals on 4GB and 8GB SDHC cards. Probably a good idea to give them a buzz for prices.

http://www.maxburns.ie/

I bought a few Scandisk SD cards from ebay (Chinese seller) and they arrived... eventually, that was the only issue... they took their time. The cards where not in their original packaging, but authentic none the less.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Heres a whole thread on the subject.

One thing to differentiate different cards is the class - the following table is taken from the great oracle of wikipedia ;)

Rating, Speed (MB/s), SD Class
    6x 0.9 n/a
    10x 1.5 n/a
    13x 2.0 2
    26x 4.0 4
    32x 4.8 4
    40x 6.0 6
    66x 10.0 6
    100x 15.0 6
    133x 20.0 6
    150x 22.5 6
    200x 30.0 6
    266x 40.0 6
    300x 45.0 6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yes thts the read speeds from a reader, but write speeds and read speeds off camer vary greatly, 300 is utter overkill, i think even over 133x is overkill, i read a article on it somewhere...i shall delve further...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

AnCatDubh wrote: »

One thing to differentiate different cards is the class - the following table is taken from the great oracle of wikipedia ;)

feel free to delete this but I thought it was funny/appropriate following your wiki comment: link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Crispin wrote: »
    feel free to delete this but I thought it was funny/appropriate following your wiki comment: link

It's really replaced the societal impact of "I heard it on the Gerry Ryan show so it must be true" :D

I actually heard Larry Sanger (co-founder) talking about the wikipedia project and he was very clear that information within a wiki doesn't keep getting better - in fact it hits a point where it gets worse. Kind of a upward curve quality on one axis and time/contributions on the other and after it peaks it then plateaus.

Anyhow, we digress. Back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

budfox wrote: »

Yeh I would recommend sandisc extreme 3 over the ultra 2 and they're not much more expensive. I use 2x 4gb cards and it more than does me. and 7 days shop is a good place. I would avoid ebay for things like that that are so easily fakeable (is that even a word??!!:confused:)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have bougt lots of mem cards from Ebay.
    PSP useage
    Camera
    Phone

Never had a bother with them
    I am using an 8gig Micro SDHC card with adaptor ( cost 15 euro in total )in my D60 at present and cannot see any issues with it. ( I know i am new to this ) but
    They do exactly what they say on the tin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Check this link out. It's for the D90 but you ge the gist!

Advertisement