Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ant from my gargen i was bored c&c welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nice and sharp and a very good DOF but it really doesn't do much for me,It's not close enough to be a macro and there isn't much happening,If it was carrying a leaf or something it would be better :)

Also the image is over the forums 800px limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Also the image is over the forums 800px limit.

No its not, thats only for the Random photo thread

I like the picture, but Ricky is right, not enough going on and not close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SaturnV

It's not close enough to be a macro

I get the point you're making, but I'm pretty sure that technically is a macro

(sorry for the pedantry)

No offence, but just because you use a macro lense, doesn't make it a macro photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

SaturnV wrote: »
    I get the point you're making, but I'm pretty sure that technically is a macro

(sorry for the pedantry)

Technically, if that ant is the same size in real life as the projected image on your sensor (ie you're shooting 1:1 ) THEN by definition it's a macro.

Now THAT's pedantry.

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    No its not, thats only for the Random photo thread

I like the picture, but Ricky is right, not enough going on and not close enough

No i was right "Keep images under 800px on the longest side. If you want to post larger images, you should provide a link to them."

From the charter

Technically, if that ant is the same size in real life as the projected image on your sensor (ie you're shooting 1:1 ) THEN by definition it's a macro.

Now THAT's pedantry.

Your right, and that mad me lmao

No i was right "Keep images under 800px on the longest side. If you want to post larger images, you should provide a link to them."

From the charter

I read the charter and never even seen that, proved wrong twice in one thread.
    I'm going home.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You people really need to lighten up in fairness.

Tallon wrote: »
    I read the charter and never even seen that, proved wrong twice in one thread.
    I'm going home.....
    Are you saying I've been proven wrong twice :confused:

• Advertisement

Are you saying I've been proven wrong twice :confused:

facepalm4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

sorry that theres noting goin on in the pic i had just got the lens was raining all day as soon as it stopped i was bored so just a random pic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

anyway....:rolleyes: getting back to the photo in question

It is a macro photo but for me the composition is lacking. the main subject of the photo, the ant is too small in the frame for me, and the 2 leaves either side of the main leaf with the ant on it are very distracting, so I would crop these out. Colours also seem a little flat and i think for me the fact the antennae are out of focus is annoying, maybe increase depth of field slightly to get the whole ant in focus or just get the head and antennae (but that might just be me).

Just my 2c, but I don't do a lot of macro shots so these are just based on my own thoughts and no technical expertise whatsoever;):).

lol only problem trying to focus on them there fast lil buggers didnt help that the focus point is bigger then the ant so couldnt really see :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

sikahunter wrote: »
    lol only problem trying to focus on them there fast lil buggers didnt help that the focus point is bigger then the ant so couldnt really see :cool:

I never said it was easy ;):D
    And I have never done it myself so I would guess it's pretty f*ing difficult.
    Maybe try manual focus, predict where the ant will walk to and fire off a few shots?

will try that next time wish had the money for a true macro :( need to get me a job

Advertisement