Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pin power cord for Dell Laptop Charger?

• 14-07-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get the 3 pin power cords that plug into Dell Laptop power adapters for a good price. I just need the power lead itself, not the power adapter,

They are 20 odd euro direct from Dell which is a bit steep here

Also, are these Dell specific, or do all Laptop Chargers use them?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

Hi,
    You could post a "wanted ad" on adverts.ie
    http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=25

Alternatively, you could keep an eye on the computer hardware for sale section, laptop chargers pop up there from time to time, I don't think it would be a problem to buy the lead off people, as I would imagine potential buyers are replacing a burnt out power supply & already have a suitable lead.

Good luck

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Or you could go to maplins and get a cloverleaf mains lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

MarkR wrote: »
    Or you could go to maplins and get a cloverleaf mains lead.
    Don't think that will work with a Dell power supply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Yes You're right the Clover Leaf one does not work, the 3 Pins on the Dell one are straight across instead of the Clover leaf arrangement...I'll place an ad in the wanted section of adverts.ie

Thanks to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

gonzo1 wrote: »
    Yes You're right the Clover Leaf one does not work, the 3 Pins on the Dell one are straight across instead of the Clover leaf arrangement...I'll place an ad in the wanted section of adverts.ie

Thanks to all

Did you try ebay? there were loads on there the last time I looked...

• Advertisement
Advertisement