Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night of Champions 2009 *Spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

damn....does this mean no cake and cookies? orestes can we evern get cookies if jeff wins!?
    Bard wrote: »
    . BTW, is Lilian Garcia there tonight?

yes she is....lookin good as usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

orestes wrote: »
    Alternatively, if both lose I'm locking every thread in the forum :p

Boo urns.....Fiver says Punk wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Put me down for a Punk win on this too, although I'd like to see Jeff win... reason being - I can't see the new heel going down so soon.

Would be nice though.

so apparantly there is a message in jeff hardys facepaint.....suuuuure! :p

CM Punk is so much better as a heel it's unbelievable!

The crowd seem to be more heavily behind Hardy. Possibly a winner considering its the last match of the night.

The crowd seem to be more heavily behind Hardy. Possibly a winner considering its the last match of the night.

Hardy is the most over guy in the company, and Punk is a bloody good heel (yes, I am praising CM Punk, you read that right), the audience is always gonna be behind Hardy in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

But isn't he taking a long break soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

geeky wrote: »
    But isn't he taking a long break soon?

Punk could win the title back in a ladder match at Summerslam causing Hardy an "injury" that will see him out.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Punk could win the title back in a ladder match at Summerslam causing Hardy an "injury" that will see him out.

Last I heard it was a matter of weeks before his contract expired, though, and that was two weeks ago.

commentary made it very obvious that jeff was kickin out of that GTS! :pac:

commentary made it very obvious that jeff was kickin out of that GTS! :pac:

The commentary tonight has been cack, I think it might finally be time to fire JR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Punk's facial actions are so brilliant. Been great to watch recently.

*Que orestes*

• Advertisement

WOOT! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I want some cake orestes!!!!!!:D

oh well, there goes my insight! night all!

Hardy wins! :)

Won't say I predicted that... cos I didn't. Thought the heel run (as champion) would last longer. Knew it was over for Punk when he went to walk away though

Haven't a clue what the heck anyone sees in Jeff. That said I would still like cookies please.

• Advertisement

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    I want some cake orestes!!!!!!:D

CAKE FOR ALL!

cake.jpg

i am delighted! but im also wrecked! night all!

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Haven't a clue what the heck anyone sees in Jeff. That said I would still like cookies please.

No cookies, only cake. Only 1 out of two won, so you only get half of the treats :p

No cookies, only cake. Only 1 out of two won, so you only get half of the treats :p

Boo. I'm not a fan of cake. More for everyone else I suppose, and I needs my beauty sleep anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

BOO @ Mickie James

MEH @ Kofi

YAY @ Christian

BOO @ Jeff

YAY @ Orton

MEH @ Rey

MEGA BOO @ Big Show

MEH @ Overall PPV

That will be all :)

That will be all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hardy is the most over guy in the company, and Punk is a bloody good heel (yes, I am praising CM Punk, you read that right), the audience is always gonna be behind Hardy in this one

Ouch my eyes, I have spent the last 3 and a bit hours staring at that in amazement:eek:

Not sure about the results. Big show pfft.

Hardy, wha?

Randy, ah well at least HHH didn't win.

Dreamer lost, I never knew why he was champ to start with.

How did dolph perform in his first PPV title match (As Dolph)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

dsmythy wrote: »
    I wonder where their little storyline is going?

O.o
    [in the....]

PPV seemed ok for me but not the sorta one which would make me want to watch or buy anymore.

Its píssing me off how they havent set up anything for SS.

Like i know matches cant be or anything but as long as its not just all rematches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CMpunked wrote: »
    O.o
    [in the....]

PPV seemed ok for me but not the sorta one which would make me want to watch or buy anymore.

Its píssing me off how they havent set up anything for SS.

Like i know matches cant be or anything but as long as its not just all rematches.

I'd like to see Dolph and Rey have a rematch, provided its a special match, like a ladder match or something. But could Rey actually have a ladder match these days?

Also, Big Shows new look is terrible. Although him and Jericho might actually be alright, I'll reserve judgement on it for now

Also, Big Shows new look is terrible. Although him and Jericho might actually be alright, I'll reserve judgement on it for now

i agree, he just looks really over weight (not that he was ever a stick figure or anything) and weird goatee thing makes him just look strange!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

FFS Big Show - Jericho's tag partner :mad:

Jeff Hardy won :D hope his feud with Punk continues

The Big Show was the biggest let down of the night.
    Randy was good.
    Hardy was meh.
    Kofi's was a good match imo.
    Rey meh Zigglers performance was great though.

JP Liz wrote: »
    FFS Big Show - Jericho's tag partner :mad:

Jeff Hardy won :D hope his feud with Punk continues

I don't - last night was the perfect end to it. Let punk generate some heat with a new star, and let Hardy elevate someone new while he's still wrestling.

This prompted Legacy to interfere and allow Orton to win outright. It seems the match was no-DQ, but there had been no allusion to this earlier. If there was no disqualification, then why didn't the competitors break out the chairs, low blows and sledgehammers?

Wait, when Rhodes and DiBiase attacked, the ref saw? I presumed he'd been knocked out or something, as I've only read about the PPV. Well thats just stupid. Really stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Wait, when Rhodes and DiBiase attacked, the ref saw? I presumed he'd been knocked out or something, as I've only read about the PPV. Well thats just stupid. Really stupid

Triple threats generally are no dq, because let's say Person 1 smacks Person 2 in the face with a sledgehammer. He should be DQed. Does this mean Person 2 wins because he got hit, or do Person 2 and 3 continue their epic struggle?

Well thats just stupid. Really stupid

This is the WWE afterall.

Could be worse i guess.
    At least Russo isnt in it anymore. He is just over in TNA ruining their shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Nice to see Jeff get the belt but I hope he stays around. TBH he's one of the reasons I bought a ticket to see Smackdown in November. Just wondering will he still even be with the company then.

Big Show as Jericho's partner??? No offence to the Big Show but I really wish they'd done something good with this. I read that Christian was rumoured to be his partner and I think that would have been good. Christian is very popular from what I can tell.

This is the WWE afterall.

Could be worse i guess.
    At least Russo isnt in it anymore. He is just over in TNA ruining their shows.

Indeed... keys to the SLEDGEHAMMER OF DOOM match anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wow Vince a tag match between two heel tag teams is never a good idea to start a PPV. :rolleyes:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=40274&p=1
    Also, apparently Vince McMahon was not very happy about the opener and how it went over as he was seen throwing down his headsets at the end of the bout. Wow, who would have thought that putting Big Show in the spot of mystery partner wouldn't have gotten the fans fired up?

m_2.jpg
    Welcome to BWE Raw!
    wwe-raw-generic.jpg

JR And Jerry Lawlor welcome us to Raw and talk about how anything can happen in the BWE, a fact which was emphasised last night at BWE's first ever Money in the Bank PPV. They then show a brief recap which runs down the events of the previous night. When this is finished airing we are treated to an unexpected surprise as the Music of Smackdowns WHC Christian plays as the blue brands champ makes his way out to the ring to a mixed reactio, half shock and confusion, half popping like mad.
    christiansummerslam.jpg

Christian talks about how its good to see all his Raw peeps again and how now that he is here Raw finally has a credable world champion on the show but states that neither of those are the reason he is here tonight against the orders of his GM Teddy Long. He says the answer to that one is simple, a Raw superstar got in his face at the money in the bank pay per view after he succesfully defended his championship in a TLC match and that he is here to call that man out. Therefore he says without further time wasting "Chris Jericho" im calling you out.

After a short while waiting for a response chirstian continues to bait the hook for Jericho. He says that at wrestlemania Chris Jericho walked in the World Heavyweight Champion but when all was said and done that night it was he Christian that walked out with the gold. He then says that if Jericho wishes to emulate him and cash in the money in the bank contract to get that title back then now is the time!

another few seconds pass but eventually we here an entrance theme, but its not Jericho's music. It's the theme for Nexus instead as Wade Barett makes his way out, with David Otunga by his side. Barett ponders if christian was expecting someone else, perhaps his former NXT pro but no now he has got Nexus to deal with. He says that Christian made a big mistake coming here tonight, That Nexus are still looking to prove a point and that he has just given them an apportunity. Just then as Barett and Ortunga reach ringside the rest of Nexus come from different angles through the crowd and blindside Christian knocking him to the mat. Then as he tries to get to his feet he is caught by a big clothesline from Darren Young. Then Otunga hits a spinebuster on him before Barett delivers a fireman's carry slam. Then as Barett is procuring himself a mic Justin Gabriel adds the ! with a 450° splash.
    wwe-nxt-rookies.jpeg

Barett with the WHC in a broken mess on the floor then states that despite what people are thinking with regards what happened with The Nexus and John Cena last night, they are not attached to the Smackdown brand. The Winds of change have come now and as promised we will continue to make an impact until one of the GMs sees the light and the true power of The Nexus and gives us our rightfull BWE contracts and Respect. He then simply drops the mike as they collectivley exit the ring leaving Christian still lying motionless in the ring.

Backstage segment---

Stephanie McMahon is backstage with Jack Swagger for the first time since her attack, she is still visable the worse for wear since the incident. She says that for the 1000th time she didnt see her attacker and suggests that Jack should focus on tonights just announced main event where Swagger will face off against both the main he faced at the PPV last night BWE champion Sheamus and the new Mr Money in the bank Chris Jericho! just as swagger starts talking about the match Steph recieves a phone call and the expression on her face drops as if she has just seen a ghost. She says it was HHH and that he told her to get out of town because he's coming, tonight!
    stephanie_mcmahon.jpg

We return to the ring as Matt Hardy & R-Truth are making their entrance. The Commentators talk about the news they just heard about HHH and Nexus taking out SDs WHC already tonight and say that the night is only beginning cos things arent slowing down with this big tag team match to start out the in ring action. Just as they say this Kane's Music hits and the big Red Machine makes his way out to the ring. He has a microphone in his hand but he keeps his words short. He says that he knows that Sheamus fears him, that he didnt want to face him at Money in The Bank and that he doesent want to face him now, but believe this he says "I will be the next BWE champion" Then he lifts up his arms and bring them down violently as his Pyros go off. As they do the arena goes black and we find out who Kanes tag team partner is tonight when [bThe Undertaker[/b] emrges.

The Carolina Connection vs The Brothers of destruction

Hardy & Truth give a valiant effort in this but Kane & Taker are simply too much and without squashing their opponents make quick work of them. Taker delivers a Chokeslam on Truth, tags out then Keep Hardy at bay while Kane puts the final nail in the coffin with a tombstone for the victory.

Winners: The Undertaker & Kane
    The_Brothers_of_Destruction_2006.jpg

Jack Swagger storms into The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase's office ranting and raving about HHH. Dibiase calms him though reminding him that HHH has been susppended for turning up on SD plus that he already has security on the lookout for Hunter, He says there is no way HHH will be here tonight. He then diverts the conversation towards his ongoing feud with SD and their GM Teddy Long. He says that Raw took a beating at MITB and that now the cruiser and Tag titles are smackdown exclusive titles leaving the only male champions on Raw as Sheamus and The Miz. He says this can not continue and asks Swaggers opinion on which tag teams he thinks are worthy to be sent to SD so as to bring back the gold.
    jackswagger.jpg

the Miz comes out with a microphone in hand and reiterates Dibiase's point about him being one of only two men to hold championship gold on Raw at the moment and starts to elaborate on why that is but before he even gets to refer to himself as being Awesome he is interupted by his opponent tonight Evan Bourne

Evan Bourne vs The Miz

Bourne doesent seem on his game tonight a fact that the commentators pick up on suggesting that perhaps losing his rematch for the cruiserweight title last night at MITB was playing on his mind. despite that during a brief period of dominance he actually looks like he could put The Miz away as he goes for a SSP. The Miz has this scouted however anc rolls out of the way at the last second. Bourne is in huge pain and stumbles all around the ring grasping his chest but unfortunatley for him he also leaves him wide open and The Miz takes advantage delivering the Skull Crushing finale for the win.

Winner: The Miz
    Miz.jpg

Backstage segment----

Chris Jericho Is warming up for his match tonight, his money in the bank briefcase in clear view behind him, when Ted Dibiase Jr flanked by The Perfect Son Joe Hennig enter the dressing room. Dibiase congratulates Jericho on his voctory in the MITB ladder match, a match he says he intended on winning himself. However he says this can still be a win win situation for both he and Jericho. He says that he is the man with real money in the bank, and says that Jericho can name his price for that suitcase. Surprisingly Jericho doesent dismiss this offer, he says that although the parasites in the audience dont know respect who dibise is, he does. However he says this discussion will have to be put on ice for the moment as he has a match tonight that will prove that he should be no.1 contender, MITB contract or not and that that match needs his attension at the moment.

Cody Rhodes comes down to the ring and updates the BWE audience of the status of his brother Dustin "Goldust" Rhodes. He says that Goldust will be out of action for atleast 1 more week but as much as a travesty that was it has actually given him an opportunity. He says that now he will complete a vow he made to himself that and be the man to take the Million Dollar title from him now that he is back on Raw. After referring to how Dibiase trying to buy a championship shot off Jericho makes him sick he saus "Ted Get out here!" and within moments his former partner Ted Dibiase Jr comes out, once more flanked by The Perfect son Joe Hennig. Ted says that Cody has done nothing to deserve a shot at his Million Dollar championship, a title too many, his father included have forgotten he has but that if he wants to prove his worth why not try and end the perfect undesputed streak tonight, if you can do that maybe ill give you a shot. "You got it" says Cody and we have our match.

Cody Rhodes vs Joe Hennig w/Ted Dibiase

Cody is hugely impressive in this match up but dibiase is a constant distraction throughout. Eventually his presence gets to be too much and Cody tries to attack him only for the referee to physically restrain him pushing him back into the ring. This push actually sends him right into Hennigs path and a Perfect plex follows as Hennig gets the 3 count and continues hisperfect winning streak since coming to Raw. Cody is left not knowing who to blame , Dibiase, The ref or even himself.
    fcwjoehennig.jpg

Winner: Joe Hennig

Backstage segment----
    a pleased looking Melina is seen backstage leaving Ted Dibiase Sr's office but gets a shock as she walks straight into Wade Barett who makes his way intothe GMs office an questions him on if the exus will be recieving contract offers soon. He says that he knows Dibiase must have seen what happend to the Smackdown WHC Christian tonight (he also eludes that The Nexus were also behind the attack on Batista several weeks back) and that he would hate to see the same fate befall a member of the Raw roster, say your son. Dibiase almost squares up to him after this remark and tells him how he disagrees with the tactics the Nexus continue to employ and that he does not want his Raw associated with that. However he then softens his stance as he does conceed that they have made him sit up and take notice and with the fact that Teddy Long may try to one up him by signing them up does mean he cant rule that out. Just then Teds office phone rings and the meeting is quickly ended with Dibiase siting a security issue he has to deal with but saying that "this isnt over".

Before this match the commentators remind everyone at home of how the GM stated the purpose behind this match was to find a team suitable of going to Smackdown to retrieve the tag team titles

The Zig Show vs The Uso's

The Uso's start this bout fast and employ some great double team moves whilst trying their best to isolate Ziggler who despite an early bit of momentum was finding going tough. Eventually however Ziggler is able to tag in The Big Show and the mood suddenly changes. Show dominates and despite being a face truely shows the monstorous poerhouse he can be. eventually he gets the win by going for a Chokeslam on one of the Uso's which forces the other to run in to try and help only to find himself the second part of a double chokeslam.

Winners: The Zig Show
    the_big_show.jpg

*The SD rebound airs showing the New straight Edge Society, this is then mixed in with the image of CM Punk returning to the BWE last night and surprisngly winning the Intercontinental title from Bryan Danielson.
    ---Promo airs suggesting Bret Hart will be at Summerslam----
    0.jpg

Melina Is being interviewed. She talks about how angry she about how not only was her match for the Divas at the MITB PPV bumped to the BWE.com exclusive preshow slot but that during that match Alicia Fox Feigned an Injury (or so Melina suggests Jr later states). However she states that after speaking to the Raw GM tonight she is glad to announce that that match take place again next week when she says she will take her title back from a fully fit soon to be former champion Alicia Fox.
    Divas+Champion+Melina+vs.+Alicia+Fox.jpg

As the interview ends Justin roberts spots the BWE Champion Sheamus exiting his dressing room and try to grab a quick word. Sheamus is annoyed that Roberts is blocking his way and asking him about Kane and rippes the microphone out of his grasp. He then simply states that he doesent care which fellah claims to be coming for him, he's the champ and that if you watch tonights main event you will know exactley whythat is. Before leaving he signs out by simply stating "I fear no man".

Sheamus vs Jericho vs Swagger /HHH interferance

This one is is a classic triple threat, going back and forth with each man looking like they could win and the extra man always just about being able to break up any pin attempt from the other two. That is however until HHH's music hits an Jack Swagger is totally taken off his game. Hunter can be seen making his way through the crowd and this is the moment Jericho trys to take advantage by hitting a Codebreaker on the distracted Swagger. Unfortunatley for Jericho all that meant is there was no extra man around to break up the pin when Sheamus deliverd his big bicycle kick to him momests later.

Winner: Sheamus
    rh672w.jpg

Sheamus celebrates but like chris Jericho quickly exits up the ramp, leaving Swagger who is just getting back to his alone in the ring. HHH is upon him immediatley with a number of big right hands and then a spinebuster. He then ushers Swagger to his feet as the crowd call for a Pedigree. Then much to their delight he delivers not one, but two pedigrees to the all American American Jack Swagger before posing above him and in doing so revealing that he is once again sporting a blue SD shirt beneath his leather jacket.

23mf3.png

Looking at the resluts WWE seem to have got most things right.

If summerslam is the no 2 PPV then it makes sense to have storyline progression going forward.

Good
    Punk v hardy to continue to summerslam (Hopefully).

Sounds like Dolph put in a good performance. I know he lost but rey only got the title back recently and dolph was unproven at a PPV so hopefuly they get to do it again at Summerslam.

Christian as champ is good. I wonder who he will face at Summerslam? I hope it isn't Vlad. Since Benjy beat him the other week I hope he faces Shelton.

Kofi coming out on top. I was happy with that result, I think Kofi has done so well this year and I hope he gets a good feud going post Night of champions.

Bad
    Not sure about the WWE title match. Having Legacy interefere looked lazy. I hope they don't have another triple threat match at summerslam.

Big show, what a buzz killer of a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Just watched it now,typical b level WWE ppv.

Big show as jericho's mystery partner flat out sucked and is completely pointless because everything big show gets involved with instantly turns un-watchable!

Dreamer v Christian was a decent match,glad to see Christian get the ECW title back.

The 6 pack challenge was an exciting little match but I would have preferred Carlito or Primo winning so they could have a proper feud over the U.S. title.

Melina vs Michelle was a decent match but had a crappy finish.

Cena v Orton v HHH was what I expected from a stale never ending feud,terrible finish aswell.

Mickie vs Maryse was an awful,awful match which went on far too long and completely killed the life of the crowd for the last two matches.

Ziggler v Mysterio was good enough but I was expecting more from it,very underwhelmed by Ziggler's performance

Punk v Jeff was a good match,punk looked great as a proper heel and a Jeff win makes sense to pro-long their feud,and if Punk beats Jeff in a loser retires match(or injures him badly) for the title at Summerslam it gives WWE an excuse for Jeff's disappearance when he quits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

currythis wrote: »

Punk v Jeff was a good match,punk looked great as a proper heel and a Jeff win makes sense to pro-long their feud,and if Punk beats Jeff in a loser retires match(or injures him badly) for the title at Summerslam it gives WWE an excuse for Jeff's disappearance when he quits.

Ive seen a few people say similar but unless Jeff signs a new contract i hope they dont go for the loser leaves SD match as it will be obvious whats happening, although Punk injuring him so badly he kayfabe cant return to SD would be class especially if Jeff eventually returned to interupt some major main event down the line to get his vengance on Punk (after he goes off recharges his batteries or whatever)

Ive seen a few people say similar but unless Jeff signs a new contract i hope they dont go for the loser leaves SD match as it will be obvious whats happening, although Punk injuring him so badly he kayfabe cant return to SD would be class especially if Jeff eventually returned to interupt some major main event down the line to get his vengance on Punk (after he goes off recharges his batteries or whatever)

That would be a better option. They could work something that is not obvious.

There is always the chance they could use Matt again. Punk could refuse to release a submission move or something. The important thing is someone gets the benefit of being the one that sends Jeff away.

Also your secenario provides a way of brininging him back down the line so it makes sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement