Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another visa question!!

Options
  • 14-07-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

hello everyone,
    i need to pick some brains about the skilled migration visa, its about the evidence of recent work experiance.you need to have 12 of the last 24 months worked before applying but i only have 7 months worked due to travelling for a year and then been let go, so i need 5months more work(easier said than done these days) so i was wondering does anyone know what they check for when looking for proof? ie i can get references to make up the 5months but would they dig deeper then going by the reference and ringing the referee??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Hi lav1

Take a look here might be of some help to you

Let us know how you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

lav1 wrote: »
    hello everyone,
    i need to pick some brains about the skilled migration visa, its about the evidence of recent work experiance.you need to have 12 of the last 24 months worked before applying but i only have 7 months worked due to travelling for a year and then been let go, so i need 5months more work(easier said than done these days) so i was wondering does anyone know what they check for when looking for proof? ie i can get references to make up the 5months but would they dig deeper then going by the reference and ringing the referee??

thanks in advance

Basically you need a letter from the company that employed you ito utilise the skill your applying with stating in detail what you did and how long you did it for. I think there are so payslips involved to, quite frankly every day that goes by I block the whole horrible application process out more and more.

I think the experience must be gained 18 months prior to application so the clock is ticking. (check the time on this re your skill)

Will they check ?... I don't know. No one can answer that except the CO that gets assigned your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

I remember the letter re employment has to be on offical company headed paper. I think there are recent payslips as well but its over 7 yrs since I went through the process.

re: do the check...you betcha. There are certainly spot checks done. In addition applicants from the sub continent/africa etc etc getting very close checks.

Dont forget as well you have to get your skills check done before applying and they sometimes want to see your work experience and they are much more likely to check. And thats seperate to your actual application (I am assuming it PR you are going for and things havent changed majorly from my day ...old skool...)

I am guessing if your requirements are for 12 months out of 18 months is not a max points occupation? If your not on the csl and are going for PR then I *think* you are in for a very long wait for visa grant anyways (and I do mean long) so I would seriously look at getting the work experience up as applying now rather than 6 months time will not make a huge difference really. in terms of visa grant

I certainly would not condone fibbing during the process. It just f***s things up for al the other applicants be they skilled/de facto/sponsored etc (I am not getting at the original poster but there has been a few threads lately asking how to beat the system)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

[

Dont forget as well you have to get your skills check done before applying and they sometimes want to see your work experience and they are much more likely to check. And thats seperate to your actual application (I am assuming it PR you are going for and things havent changed majorly from my day ...old skool...)

I am guessing if your requirements are for 12 months out of 18 months is not a max points occupation? If your not on the csl and are going for PR then I *think* you are in for a very long wait for visa grant anyways (and I do mean long) so I would seriously look at getting the work experience up as applying now rather than 6 months time will not make a huge difference really. in terms of visa grant ]

yes its for PR, I got my skills assesment done by tra, basically i have everything ready to send off bar this,no im not on csl im a carpenter which i think is a max points occupation (60points) unless its changed again, its still on the modl list so i was thinking the wait for the visa would be 6-12months??? i have ten years exp its just the break in employment that messing things up:mad:

basically just wanted to know that if the case officier wanted to look into your work history is there anything else they do other than ring your old employer, im not trying to beat the system ill be doing everything by the book, just want to cover all the bases.

Thanks for the reply's:)

[

im not trying to beat the system ill be doing everything by the book, just want to cover all the bases.

Thanks for the reply's:)

fair play. pm'ed you two links to top notch agents who would be able to answer your question. there maybe a small fee involved but they will be able to answer for certain

best of luck

• Advertisement

^^^
    thanks for that I,ll keep them inmind,

i rang visafirst and they told me what would be needed, its great they,ll answer your questions if they think thay can get some money out of you:p they also said that a visa will be granted quicker if I was to put down on it that I would be moving to west australia rather than queensland because some trades are more in need there??? does anyone know if this is through?

also was talking to an employer who,d be willing to give me the 5months work I need!! have to go back and have a chat with him on friday but he said it shouldnt be a problem so I have everything crossed at the minute:)

well the five months are up i,ll be sending the paper work off in about two weeks, hope i get the visa...
    roll on oz(for good):)

well the five months are up i,ll be sending the paper work off in about two weeks, hope i get the visa...
    roll on oz(for good):)

'onya! well done. Hope the wait isnt to long (unfortunately it does seem to be getting longer for tradies)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mousetrap

Have you looked into state sponsorship, this will speed up your application but for 2 yrs you can only work in the state that sponsored you..

no havent looked into that yet but think i might,
    I got a call from the aus high comission during the week saying that it could take till 2012 get get the visa:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement