Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone pass or fail test in RSA Tallaght recently?

• 14-07-2009 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Howdy all,

Just wondering if anyone has passed or failed test in Tallaght RSA test centre in last few months and how you found it?

I failed my first attempt there recently and am going to resit it shortly.

Thought it would be useful if the Tallaght test candidates could do some story and tips swopping.........?!

Thanks and good luck all.

L

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

My gf failed there a couple of months back, they swapped the testers round a bit then and got in some new ones. She had a clear sheet except one pink that everyone said should have been a blue.

she re applied and passed last week there with only 1 or 2 blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LisaM2009

Cool, ta.

How did she find the testers and where did they bring her second time round?

My first tester was pretty ok. A bit robotic at the end but sure i suppose he knew he had to deliver bad news so fair enough!

What day/time did she do the second one and any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

My brother passed first time there a few weeks ago. He said his tester was really sound, put him totally at ease. I'm doing mine there in a while, hope I'm as lucky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hayyman

My mate passed first time there today and he said his tester was a sound enough guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Did mine about a month ago and the tester was great. He's the top right corner desk when you enter the room to do your questions. There's not a lot of tips really. Observation is the biggest thing to remember. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bblock

Did my test 1st and 2nd time in tallaght failed the first obv and 2nd passed....the first chap was extremely rude ...attemped to shake his hand and he asked me "what on earth do you think you doing" from that point on I knew I failed...2nd tester wasnt as bad but still rude but he simply had nothing to fail me on (worked very very hard for the test) he brought me on the same route as the first guy (Tymon north ) but he had me driving for about 30 minutes whereas the first was on 15 mins I had done all my moves and drove in every traffic condition possible and after all that he drove me around Power City TWICE..but I Passed and it ended up he knew my Instructor very well and warmed to me and said I should have told him that before we went out...So I Guess its really luck of the draw ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Girlfriend recently failed in Tallaght. Instructor told her that she had picked up a lot of bad habits (I'm not quite sure how, considering she's almost exclusively only driven with an instructor). She also got some absolute stinkers of theory questions, such as identifying where to pour clutch fluid in and what three people didn't have to wear seatbelts while driving.

Was not a pleasant individual at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Clutch master cylinder
    Garda, Ambulance folk and driving instructors/testers, isnt it?

Clutch master cylinder
    Garda, Ambulance folk and driving instructors/testers, isnt it?
    Apparently there's no such thing as "clutch fluid", apparently both the clutch and brake are both drawn from the brake fluid reservoir.

As for the second question.
    Seat belt safety is the most important safety aspect of driving. There are only a few exceptions to the rule.

The only exceptions are for:
    • people who wear a disabled person's belt,
    • people whose doctors have certified that, on medical grounds, they should not wear a safety belt,
    • driving instructors or driver testers during a lesson or a test, and
    • Gardaí or members of the defence forces in the course of their duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I failed my first RSA Tallaght attempt there in June, it was my second attempt, my first was with SGS. I just got my new test date today and I'm determined to pass this time, as you can imagine. I failed last time by ONE point! It's the reaction to hazards that I really need to work on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    I failed my first RSA Tallaght attempt there in June, it was my second attempt, my first was with SGS. I just got my new test date today and I'm determined to pass this time, as you can imagine. I failed last time by ONE point! It's the reaction to hazards that I really need to work on.

1 Point?? Total stinker!! I passed first time with SGS in Tallaght, found them to be much better then anything id had heard about the RSA crowd.

SGS are gone now though arent they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

Lorrs33 wrote: »

Practice around tight narrow housing estate and residential streets a good bit you will meet surprise hazards rearing their head all the time. remember to select the appropriate gear for your speed and the situation. You'll soon master it.. SGS are now no more than a distant memory so don't worry about them.. I had an RSA tester last Friday and I could not believe how sound he was. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

yesterday i did my second test in tallaght but bad luck...i dont know exactly what they are checking, first time i got only 9 blue but this time i got 24 blues, even though am very familiar with tallaght routs.....

What did the tester mark you on specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobbygobbles

Bblock wrote: »
    Did my test 1st and 2nd time in tallaght failed the first obv and 2nd passed....the first chap was extremely rude ...attemped to shake his hand and he asked me "what on earth do you think you doing" from that point on I knew I failed...2nd tester wasnt as bad but still rude but he simply had nothing to fail me on (worked very very hard for the test) he brought me on the same route as the first guy (Tymon north ) but he had me driving for about 30 minutes whereas the first was on 15 mins I had done all my moves and drove in every traffic condition possible and after all that he drove me around Power City TWICE..but I Passed and it ended up he knew my Instructor very well and warmed to me and said I should have told him that before we went out...So I Guess its really luck of the draw ........
    I failed my first test at RSA tallaght today. Walked into the office sat down and immediately the tester had a problem with me because I had moved house in the time I applied and the address didn’t match the application? I asked him ‘can the test go ahead’? he reluctantly agreed to go ahead. When asked the rules of the road he kept interrupting me saying things like ‘yeah’ when does that happen and why would you do that’?? I knew before I left the office I had failed even though I had learned the rules of the road off by heart.

When out on the roads he kept making whale noises and his head kept jigging from side to side every time we went over a speed bump. (even though I was rolling over them in second gear approx. 2/3 miles an hour) at one point I actually asked him is he ok? I couldn’t wait for the test to end so I defo won’t be going back there with the fear of getting the same bloke again!!

Anyone who reads this and had a similar experience will know exactly which tester im talking about. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When out on the roads he kept making whale noises and his head kept jigging from side to side every time we went over a speed bump.

:pac: WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭andrius.k

Did my one today in Tallaght it was third time. I failed. I got more marks then in the thirst attempt then i was really bad driver. Most marks reaction to hazzards. How the f.... he can decide about my reaction might be my reaction is 10 times better then the tester !!!!!! Im not going to go back to Tallaght ill try other testing centre. By the way we were around 6 guys for the test so nobody has passed all of us failed. Driving test is getting a joke you have to take an approved driving instructor to lear a poem how to pass the route in Tallaght as after you pass nobody drives that way. I'm driving four years and have no even starch on my car regarding my fault . I think its a money making machine and a face control ( you pass you not).
    Something has to be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

andrius.k wrote: »
    Did my one today in Tallaght it was third time. I failed. I got more marks then in the thirst attempt then i was really bad driver. Most marks reaction to hazzards. How the f.... he can decide about my reaction might be my reaction is 10 times better then the tester !!!!!! Im not going to go back to Tallaght ill try other testing centre. By the way we were around 6 guys for the test so nobody has passed all of us failed. Driving test is getting a joke you have to take an approved driving instructor to lear a poem how to pass the route in Tallaght as after you pass nobody drives that way. I'm driving four years and have no even starch on my car regarding my fault . I think its a money making machine and a face control ( you pass you not).
    Something has to be changed.

Face control?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭andrius.k

No its not face control its more like a joke for the situation. Id like to see themselves doing their driving test and failing. Every person has different level of reaction and there is no standarts for it. 48% passing only in tallaght. And i believe those 52% who failed could be best drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Perhaps instead of blaming the driving tester you should look and see where you got the marks and work on improving in that area. From my experience the testers are fair and if they don't feel you're safe to drive alone they won't pass you.

And reaction to hazards - for example if the road narrows ahead (say theirs a car blocking your side), reaction would be you preparing to move onto the other side of the road safely and in good time, e.g. checking mirrors and indicating etc. They will see that hazard coming and look to see if you react accordingly, if you don't then that's a mark.

Advertisement