Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIRE STATION IN KILMAC

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

im not debating the fact that kilmac needs a new firestation. there are three or four new stations badly needed in the county. tallow, portlaw and lismore. ive been in them all and i can honestly say, hand on heart , that portlaw is by far the worst station in the county with the worst gear i.e. almost certain its the oldest alpha 1 in the county , and most of the cutting gear is hand me down stuff.
    as far as risk goes i think tallow have seven schools in their area and portlaw have two nursing homes, while kilmac have two schools and a main road. i would consider nursing homes more of a risk than schools because the pupils will have mobility. id love to know how they came to a desicion about who was geting the new station. :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

I wouldn't hold your breath on Kilmacthomas getting their new firestation anytime soon. New Ross in Co. wexford were told early last year that they were getting a new fire station, and that hasn't even started yet.... and now with these cutbacks everywhere, i am sure Kilmacthomas fire station will be put on the long finger like everywhere else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

yeah libby. one of the co. councellors said that alright. i remember hearing last year that new ross where badly stuck for fire fighters. do you know have they recruited any?

I know a good few fire fighters are gone out of there.. but they were men that were there for years and they retired. Don't know if they have been replaced. I am sure they have to get replacements in.. I believe there has to be a minimum number on call at all times.

Libby029 wrote: »
    I know a good few fire fighters are gone out of there.. but they were men that were there for years and they retired. Don't know if they have been replaced. I am sure they have to get replacements in.. I believe there has to be a minimum number on call at all times.
    i dont think you can leave the station without at least three.

Oh i don't think so Joe, i believe you need to have more than that.

• Advertisement

Libby029 wrote: »
    Oh i don't think so Joe, i believe you need to have more than that.
    it would all depend on how many fire fighters are stationed at the particular fire station i think. if there were six at a station. there would be three on one week and three on the next.

Advertisement