Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome Ropedrink

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Ropedrink has joined the mod team for digital arts and design. up to now he has been the mod of the animation sub-forum so he is at least familiar with this forum.

I hope everyone will join in in wishing him all the best and be nice while he settles in. Once he has a sense of security I'll arrange a beating or two to keep him on his toes :D

LoLth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Over on the Animation Forum, quite a few people expressed issues regarding their feelings toward the forum being a sub-forum. As it's creator I can tell you it never was intended to be a 'pure' Animation forum but more based on Computer Animation such as Flash & CGI, though it ended up as purely 'Animation', something which a lot of people feel is a little more deserving of being it's own non-sub forum as it often goes by unnoticed when the majority of things can be squarely aimed at Digital Art and Design despite being on an Animation nature.

Seeing as I was the one who started the thread in the forums board to create an animation forum I guess I should start the comments. I know the forum was never meant to be an animation forum but as there is no animation forum when people go looking for one they stumble across that forum which is called "animation" and most don't notice it's a sub forum and/or don't read the charter and just assume it's a general animation forum. I asked for the creation of an animation forum as either a form of either arts or film, I still feel there's enough interest from both people creating animation to those with just an interest in animation as a medium for it to have a forum. Discussion of animated films can get lost in the main film forum plus there is a way to look at those films from a film view and from an animation view. I've seen topics relating to animation pop up in the arts and craft forum, anime and manga and the comics forum, granted not a massive number but still enough I felt to look into creating a forum. There is a pretty busy prime time cartoons forum but none for non prime time cartoons. I suggested moving the DA&D sub forum and making it the animation mainly cus it wasn't really being used and it meant not having to 'create' a new forum.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I for one welcome etc etc....
    /cowers in the corner in fear.

Advertisement