Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog.

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I'm fond of good cooking. Honestly, I am. Quiche lorraine, pad thai, seared ahi tuna, top rib roast, steak au poivre, all are excellent meals. But there's a darker side to the food longings. A longing for that kind of food that dare not speak its name amongst the refined classes. That sort of dirty, you-know-you-shouldn't-be-doing-this pleasure that comes from eating something you're not meant to like, that you're meant to revile and find disgusting.

So, where can you find decent beef frankfurters in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Sparks wrote: »
    Okay, I'm fond of good cooking. Honestly, I am. Quiche lorraine, pad thai, seared ahi tuna, top rib roast, steak au poivre, all are excellent meals. But there's a darker side to the food longings. A longing for that kind of food that dare not speak its name amongst the refined classes. That sort of dirty, you-know-you-shouldn't-be-doing-this pleasure that comes from eating something you're not meant to like, that you're meant to revile and find disgusting.

A contradiction in terms, me oul' segocia!

Settle for a standard mutt. Try Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

A contradiction in terms, me oul' segocia!

Settle for a standard mutt. Try Lidl.

+ 1 for Lidl/Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

I've yet to find any decent ones here. I'll get my missus to bring some Nathan's dogs back from Pennsylvania next month for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I just want some decent beef sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

Sparks wrote: »

I was just getting ready to hound yea:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Des wrote: »
    I just want some decent beef sausages.

Try the organic butchers at the Temple Bar Saturday food market. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

and here's me thinking you were going down the fried terrier route...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,450 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Beef sausages, sparks don't bother.
    all I can get here is beef sausages, I find pork every now and again, but its always pork with apple/mint/rosemary/blah/blah/blah

I miss superquinn, plain old porkies

• Registered Users Posts: 22,780 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Again, +1 for Lidl & Aldi for common or garden frankfurters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

There's a chain of butchers in Dundalk called McArdles who do fabuloso beef sausages. They also do a sort of spiceburger effort optimistically called "vegetable roll"- I think it's mostly pork though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Any Korean restaurant will point you in the right direction. Off topic, horse is very tasty.

Advertisement