Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl mini tent?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi looking at the lidl mini tent thats coming on sale on thursday,

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090716.p.kgMinient

I'm thinking off getting it because I've got the idea in my head about going cycling and camping this summer, now I know this isn't going to be great but do you think it would handle irish summer weather (looking outside at massive downpour!) doesn't say if its got two layers or not and I'm not really sure how the water column actually equates in real life to water resistance (as I understand it you should never have more than a few droplets on a properly pitched tent).
    ps don't really have the budget for expensive tents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

If it's a two layered tent and you won't be camping in the mountains go for it!

The key things when your pitching it are:
    Keep it taut, erect and the two layers well separated from each other.
    Use the guy ropes for extra separation and support.
    Don't touch the outside or inside of the tent if you can help it (you don't want to allow the water a chance to seep into the fibres of the tent's walls).
    Pitch with the back end of the tent to the wind.
    Don't pitch under trees, because of the huge heavy rain drops which drip down.
    Try not to cook in your tent porch because of condensation.
    Keep your tent well ventilated while your asleep because of condensation.
    Allow to dry if poss, or at least shake off well before packing away.
    Use an orange plastic bivvy bag under your tent, as otherwise damp will seep up through the floor.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Thanks
    checked it out today, it was only one layer so didn't get it (had thought it would be cos it was so light).

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

You could try Argos, or here's a facebook forum link for buying, selling and swoping second hand outdoor gear that you could try - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=121963235378

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tbnewman

i got it and put it up, it is a bit s**it but us ultra light, its been up out the back garden for 2 days now with the rain pouring down and the wind going and not a drop of water in it, for light things and 14 yo yo you cant go wrong

Advertisement