Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to the Fashion For Freedom event in the Radison next wednesday?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if anyone here knows about it but there is a charity Fashion event in the Radison next wednesday in aid of the Free For Life charity (which rescues children from slavery/human trafficing)

They have a website (http://www.galwayfashionrevolution.com/).

Every ticket bought gets entered into a draw for a Philip Treacy hat, which is pretty cool, other stuff will be raffled off on the night too (A dress by Sophie Rieu, pair of shoes by Ellen shields, etc) and all money raised goes to the charity.

The designers involved are Zoe Boomer, Maria Grachvogel, Elis Boyle, Helen James, Fionnula Bourke (from project catwalk) Sophie Rieu (Unicorn label), Ellen shields, Maria Cárdenas, Claire Garvey, Jennifer Rothwell, Melissa Curry, Reachel Mackay, Sinéad Doyle, emily Jean and labels Love Your shoes, Momuse and Glady's Interiors.

There are also booths by Born in Galway, Bellissimo, Blush, Charles Dnastase.

It has been fetured in Galway Now and Irish Tatler, so basically it's kinda a big deal.

Anywho, I'm volunteering on the night and thought I'd take the step of starting a dicussion about it on here to see if any of you lot would be going?

It's for an insanely good cause and will be a really good nights entertainment.

So, anyone going?

Ohhhh..... almost forgot, there is a silent auction for a one week internship with a london designer but I forgot her name, will find out and edit this accordingly, but if you know someone who is doing fashion design or has just graduated or whatever, let them know, would be a great opertunity and really, it will only be people who are in the feild who will be entering this auction so the price won't be stupidly high.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EliseX

WOW!!!that sounds amazing i would really love to go thanx a million for the info!!
    what date is it again?
    I've a huge interest in fashion , my best friend and I obsess over many fashion idols of ours and it looks like it would be a great night!!!
    and that internship thing sounds fantastic....would love more info on that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Hadn't even heard of this until now. I see the designer is Maria Grachvogel from London. Hosted in conjunction with Discovery Church, this is bbiiiggg...How much are tickets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Thickets are €40, and it sounds like a lot but compared to events of the same size elsewhere it's pretty cheap really.

You can buy them from the Radison, Blush or Belissimo in advance or at the door on the night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Erm, bumpeens just for anyone who didn't see this during the week, this is on tomorrow night =D

Tickets still available.

Advertisement