Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafones new idea - MissionRed

• 14-07-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.missionred.ie

* Free Fone Fridays - Win one of 50 of the coolest phones every week in our Friday competition.
    * Worldwide Webtexts - We’ll double your monthly webtexts to 600 and you can send them all around the world too.
    * Circle of friends - Recommend a friend to Vodafone and you’ll both enjoy €30 free credit or €30 off your bill when they switch.
    * VIP for a day – Bring a friend to watch one of the hottest gigs or games of the year – 50 lucky winners for every event.
    * Birthday Bonus – Celebrate your birthday with €10 free credit or €10 off your bill during your birthday month.

Want to have a say in the products and services we launch next, or perhaps you have a few bright ideas of your own you want to share? Well, now's your chance.

We've come up with a list of 5 things we think you might like and we want you to vote for your favourite. Then we'll make the one that wins happen. It's that simple.

The voting is open until the end of September and we'll announce the winner in October.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

600 worldwide webtext looks good to me. Now if thay only made it like o2 where you can send long text also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

MissionRed wrote:
    Want to have a say in the products and services we launch next, or perhaps you have a few bright ideas of your own you want to share? Well, now's your chance.
    Times are bad when a company is looking to save money by asking the public for ideas. Is the recession hitting the big red harder than expected? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Times are bad when a company is looking to save money by asking the public for ideas. Is the recession hitting the big red harder than expected? :cool:

Revenues are down drastically for all the operators, lowest its been in years. Vodafone do have 48% of the market share if iirc which beats anyone else ofcourse

Davy wrote: »
    Revenues are down drastically for all the operators, lowest its been in years. Vodafone do have 48% of the market share if iirc which beats anyone else ofcourse

While there is a fall in mobile phone subscriptions, revenue isn't down as much as you would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I seen this there yesterday or whatever but didn't hold much interest for me. Fair play for trying to generate some hype though.

I'd go for the birthday credit or the VIP (if I thought there was a chance!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Rsaeire wrote: »
    While there is a fall in mobile phone subscriptions, revenue isn't down as much as you would think.

That is numbers. I think is he talking about revenue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

That is numbers. I think is he talking about revenue..

That's why I linked to the article, as it details the drop in revenue too.
    In addition, mobile revenues decreased by over 10% during the first quarter and have fallen by 9.4% over the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

It is very close between 600 international web texts and a silly Friday competition.

Will people please vote at http://www.missionred.ie/?gclid=CNalxoqf85sCFU0B4wod3E88-Q !!!

600 international web texts, will force the other operators to follow suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The webtexts is the only sensible idea in all fairness.

Who in all fairness is voting for a stupid Friday competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I hate the new tv ad they have, its completely ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i hope that international webtext thing wins it srsly

that way i can send international web texts without having to pay those scumbags at Ohtue a cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

International webtexts voted for!

Fair play Vodafone for thinking outside the box with their marketing camaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 theslug

Bond-007 wrote: »
    The webtexts is the only sensible idea in all fairness.

Who in all fairness is voting for a stupid Friday competition?

This Friday crap idea is now winning !!! They are not even very clear about what "free calls" means. Free calls to all Vodafone customers, I bet. Plus the prize thing isn't fair. Trying to bribe the voters into choosing the option that will cost vodafone the least money.

Vote 600 WebTexts and get yourself Cabbage Texter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

towel401 wrote: »
    i hope that international webtext thing wins it srsly

that way i can send international web texts without having to pay those scumbags at Ohtue a cent

Forgive me for asking but how are O2 catching you for international texts? You do realize that currently O2 are the only Irish operator allowing their web texts to be used worldwide?

Ohtue's lack of service lets it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

remember lads, you can vote once every day. I really hope the international texts wins the vote. It would save me a fortune.

Ohtue's lack of service lets it down.

Can you be more specific? In what area is their lack of service letting them down?

Customer Care? Unlikely, one of the best, if not the best from all the mobile operators.

Coverage? Again, unlikely, they match all the operators.

O2 Website perhaps? :rolleyes: If so...you might have a point there!!

Customer Care? Unlikely, one of the best, if not the best from all the mobile operators.
    Really? So if eating a sandwich whilst talking to a customer is the best, I despair.

Really? So eating a sandwich whilst talking to a customer is the best, I dispair.

was it a ham and cheese sandwich?

• Advertisement

towel401 wrote: »
    was it a ham and cheese sandwich?
    Who cares?

It is hardly what one would expect from a mobile phone company.

Really? So if eating a sandwich whilst talking to a customer is the best, I despair.

ROFLMAO ah come on. So you had the unfortunate experience of talking to a customer service agent who was eating a sandwich :) Surely that does not make their whole Customer Care crap because of one individual? If you want crap customer care, try Vodafone or 3 (never been a 3 customer, only going on complaints here).

Any idea what kind of sandwich? White or Brown? Butter or Mayo? ;)

Who cares?

It is hardly what one would expect from a mobile phone company.

Why didn't you track them down & take them out? You do have a licence to kill don't you? :P

ohteu fan boys the lot of yee! :D

ohteu fan boys the lot of yee! :D

:) lol

I've been with Vodafone (7 yrs), Meteor (3 yrs) and O2 (this is my 1st year).

I have to say though that in my experience O2 have the best customer care. You can also use http://forums.o2online.ie/ if you don't wish to ring Customer Care.

Meteor would follow 2nd. Not a bad lot. Quiet nice.

Had a enough of Vodafone. In the 7 years I was there, spending loads they only allowed me 2-3 upgrades. Very snobby attitude from them.

Can't really comment on 3. Only good on all the bad threads I see on boards.ie. Still, you rarely here of the good stories I guess.

Anyway, each to their own.

When's you next film coming out?

You do have a licence to kill don't you?
    Only Licensed to Ban. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just bumping this thread to remind everyone they can vote once daily so don't let your vote go to waste. Its now neck and neck between free phone fridays and worldwide webtext.

http://www.missionred.ie/

I think its ridiculous that a free phone competition is getting so many votes, no doubt they will be ****ty phones full of Voda branding and locked as well.

Vodafone has 1.3 million customers and will be giving away 2600 phones a year. So worst case scenario it will take 500 years before you get your free phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

voting for 600 free worldwide texts is defo the best option, especially when there's a great program called cabbage to make use of it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

keep voting for international webtext guys... pretty please :D

Advertisement