Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafones new idea - MissionRed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

600 webtexts all the way!! It would save most of us a small fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

its winning by a few pixels now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I love the ads for this on TV... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Actually I think it's a clever way of marketing. Get's a lot of people involved to vote for what they want. If they can offer those why not give the people the one they want?

As well as that gets people talking which is clever advertisment for Vodafone
    Rsaeire wrote: »
    Times are bad when a company is looking to save money by asking the public for ideas. Is the recession hitting the big red harder than expected? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i love the red GUI on those computers there. i'mma make my desktop look like that, well kind of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Random wrote: »
    I love the ads for this on TV... :)

I hope you were being sarcastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

international webtext winning by a good bit now so keep voting :)

when does the vote end? was half thinking of buying an Ohtue sim card just for this reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

This post has been deleted.

Same here, I hope meteor following suit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

squared wrote: »
    Same here, I hope meteor following suit.

i use meteor most days but i have a vodafone sim i'll use that just don't want to support the scumbags that are Ohtue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

ok so vodafone have mission red which is where you vote for what you want

i think it really should be free fone fridays ! 50 of the best fones around for free !!!

that vote is in second at the moment... in front is world wide web text..

nobody will ever use that !!! its pointless and its limited a month anyway !

please vote for free fones !

they are ment to be the best phones around !

you can vote EVERY DAY

cheers

and guys dont forget your international webtexts will be taking out of your 300 web texts !!!!!

FREE PHONES !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

and guys dont forget your international webtexts will be taking out of your 300 web texts !!!!!

you get 600 webtexts not just the standard 300 webtexts

and everytime you want to use them you HAVE to go to a computer .... on the way to work i get a text of my mate in Spain... oh no i have to wait hours before i can text back !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Cabbage :)http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagemobile.php Don't need a computer to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

it should be €10 on your birthday then everyone benefits from it

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Cabbage :)http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagemobile.php Don't need a computer to use them

oh ok im gonna spend money on internet and on cabbage so i can use my free web text ????

no thanks !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

oh ok im gonna spend money on internet and on cabbage so i can use my free web text ????

If these are the attitudes of people voting,no wonder we have this nonsense!
    Cabbage (and some equivalent programs) are entirely free thanks to the good work of the authors and the Internet access is a huge 1c a text. Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

robbie_998 wrote: »

no thanks !!!

dont be so stingy:D
    If you have a friend in spain you'll benefit more by 600 international texts using cabbage for what about 4 messages(access) for 99c or the off chance of winning a new phone?!?!

Although I dont know many abroad the 600 texts'd be handy for when I forget to get my free messages I can then use Cabbage:)

• Advertisement

ardmacha wrote: »
    If these are the attitudes of people voting,no wonder we have this nonsense!
    Cabbage (and some equivalent programs) are entirely free thanks to the good work of the authors and the Internet access is a huge 1c a text. Wow!

vodafone charge for internet....every minute your on is like 5c

and cabbage do charge another 2c per text on top of the internet

so with that your already paying for a regular text for a free text that your paying for ? its a stupid idea !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

so with that your already paying for a regular text for a free text that your paying for ? its a stupid idea !

Robbie, using the vodafone isp access point for cabbage gets you about 4-6 messages for a cent. I like to see you're excited and enthusiastic about the free phones but look at it logically, chance of winning a phone along with how many other vodafone customers or the webtexts that is a win win situation for all??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The Internet is not charged per minute, it is either per KB or 99c/day.

Cabbage do not charge anything. There is no charge other than Internet charges if you use the free webtext.
    so with that your already paying for a regular text for a free text that your paying for ?

Pardon?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That .25c to 2c is the charge your mobile provider will charge for using that internet connection to send the message. So by sending a webtext from cabbage will cost you at most 2c.

That .25c to 2c is the charge your mobile provider will charge for using that internet connection to send the message. So by sending a webtext from cabbage will cost you at most 2c.

i thought i saw something about cabbage charging 2c a text...i could be wrong

but your still being charged for internet.

also cabbage has to be downloaded to your phone through the internet and has to be installed to your phone but not all phones can do this and it varys from phone to phone, so yes it is stupid

not everybody uses webtexts.... mine go unused month after month after month ! people text on busses , not computers ! FACT !

nobody is going to complain about a free phone that is gonna be top of the range !

and if you dont like the phone....ah well sell the thing !! make a bit of dosh from it !

only a very small amount of people use international texts and its only when people are on holidays which isint that often !!!

you use cabbage and your going to have to pay to use your free texts ?

its really is stupid.... vote for free phones !

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Robbie 998.....you obviously havent a clue what your talking about. If your gonna have a discussion please get your facts right. It doesnt cost you anything to use Cabbage. Voting for 600 worldwide webtexts is a no brainer. Even if you don't have any friends that live abroad you still get an extra 300 texts. Free fone fridays is a waste if time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed. Free texts ftw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

i thought i saw something about cabbage charging 2c a text...i could be wrong

but your still being charged for internet.

It does say it costs 2c but that 2c is the cost of the data you need to send the text. So when you send a message from cabbage, vodafone will charge you at most 2c for using the internet connection. That's it, the text will cost you at most 2c to send. I think cabbage is a java app so it should work on most phones.

It does say it costs 2c but that 2c is the cost of the data you need to send the text. So when you send a message from cabbage, vodafone will charge you at most 2c for using the internet connection. That's it, the text will cost you at most 2c to send. I think cabbage is a java app so it should work on most phones.

ok lets look at it this way....

600 texts....

at 2c a text

you do the maths ! your paying quite a bit for free texts ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You are not paying for the texts.

Advertisement