Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafones new idea - MissionRed

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Vodafone international txting costs 25c so it's a potential saving of €150 a month :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

robbie_998 wrote: »
    a network wont up the price of calls just because they give free texts...

Um, they did.... And on top of that they introduced minimum call charges. You could get calls as low as 19c/min on Vodafone, as low as 15c/min on o2, and as low as 20c/min on Meteor. Once those 3 networks introduced free any net texts, the call charges were all upped to a minimum of 29c/min on all networks.
    ok they are restricted to vodafone network only but again the majority of irish are on Vodafone. so they get free texts no matter what way you look at it and they dont need apps , internet or anything

Majority of Irish are actually NOT on Vodafone. They have a 47% market share, which measn 53% are not on Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

ya know I thought he was joking at the start. i actually kind of still think he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

ok they are restricted to vodafone network only but again the majority of irish are on Vodafone. so they get free texts no matter what way you look at it and they dont need apps , internet or anything

Unless they want to text the 30% of the Irish population who might be Vodafone customers but who are not included in these free texts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

what ??? it most likely was aimed at young people but who the hell said older people cant win a phone just because their old ???

yes there is a saving but not even half of the vodafone users are gonna use them !!!

i dont see why they wouldnt benefit from a new phone ? who wouldn't ? if you dont want it then sell it... make some proper money rather than ""saving"" on web text.

they didnt up the price of calls !

Vodafone have 47% of the market ? then they do have the most users when the other 53% is on another 3 separate networks !

not joking

30% ? no someone just confirmed earlier it was 47%

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

i dont see why they wouldnt benefit from a new phone ?

Just like you don't see why people would benefit from having a protential saving of €150 a month which would be more than likely the price of the "top of the range" phone.

You are impossible to speak to, I hope the world is all shiny and rose tinted round your way.

In the words of Kent Brockman "My producer is telling me not to speak to you anymore"

P.S I don't care which one wins if it is indeed the free phones grand that's what people wanted. Ignoring to see hard fact sense just riles me sideways!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

you have no credit on your phone and you cant use cabbage on the phone... again screwed !!! there are a lot of flaws on this

And what good is a new phone from Vodafone (assuming you were one of the 50) when you don't have any credit to use it???

Its clear that a guaranteed 600 web texts per month is more beneficial than the slight possibility i may one day win a "top of the range" (see vodafones range of handsets).

You say nearly 50% of vodafone users wont use webtext - as has been pointed out to you - that means over 1 MILLION people WILL.

How long will vodafone give away its free phones for anyway - 4 weeks? 52 weeks? 2 years? - 5 years? - Do you even know?

A lot of what your saying (actually, pretty much everything) is based on your own assumptions.
    If you want to be in with a chance for a free phone, then best of luck to ya, but don't try to say its in the best interest of the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Just voted for "600 free webtexts" looks like that is in the lead still.

The international texting is what swung it for me.

• Advertisement

ciaran76 wrote: »

keep up de good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

ciaran76 wrote: »

Keep voting for it every day :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Just voted for the 600 overseas txt. Will vote everyday for that from now on. :D

Btw. When is the voting being stopped? And when will be implemented? Anyone know? Cuz when it does, it would save me a small fortune tbh. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Voting closed yesterday? I just voted now and it seem to have accepted my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

flodis79 wrote: »
    Voting closed yesterday? I just voted now and it seem to have accepted my vote.
    13th of September mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

600 overseas txt still seems to be in the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

Voting for this ended yesterday. Worldwide texts won by a good bit. I wonder how long it will take to implement it. This is going to save me a few bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

dubmick wrote: »
    Voting for this ended yesterday. Worldwide texts won by a good bit. I wonder how long it will take to implement it. This is going to save me a few bob.
    Sorry for a possibly stupid question but how do you know what option won? I went there next day and I couldn't see anything, I went there several times after that - still nothing. Can you clearly see the winning option?

this was posted on the Vodafone forum this morning:

Thanks to all who took the time to vote in Mission Red. Thousands of you cast your vote and the clear winner was 600 Free Worldwide Webtexts.

From Monday (5 October), not only will you be able to send webtexts all around the world but we’ve doubled the amount of webtexts that you can send every month from 300 to 600.

Worldwide Webtexts received over 46% of all Mission Red votes cast.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

dubmick wrote: »
    this was posted on the Vodafone forum this morning:

Thanks to all who took the time to vote in Mission Red. Thousands of you cast your vote and the clear winner was 600 Free Worldwide Webtexts.

From Monday (5 October), not only will you be able to send webtexts all around the world but we’ve doubled the amount of webtexts that you can send every month from 300 to 600.

Worldwide Webtexts received over 46% of all Mission Red votes cast.

I was away the last week and noticed they had changed the layout so was expecting to see the option of International texts with a 600limit. Great news if it goes true :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Most excellent, here's to more cabbage and jsms usage.

Fair play to Vodafone, I now have 600 texts a month and can send them to international numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

its a pity there web site is so crap its taking forever

its a pity there web site is so crap its taking forever

it almost seems like a conspiracy at this point - webtext interfaces have to be as bloated and inefficient as possible to discourage people from using them with their phone.

i remember using my 9500 to send webtexts via wifi - no way would it even open a webtext page now if i still had it

Advertisement