Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub for After work drinks?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

hi, I'm trying to oragnise a pi$$ up for a small work crowd (around 20-25)

Can anyone recommend a good venue. Preferably on the Northside.

I'm living in the countryside now so don't get out much!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

On the Northside suburbs, or in the city.

Porterhouse North in Phibsboro is a decent spot, and wouldn't have any problems accommodating 20-25 people I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks Des. I was thinking of that place! I used to drink in the one on Parliament St. And I love the selection of beers there! :D

Des wrote: »
    On the Northside suburbs, or in the city.

Porterhouse North in Phibsboro is a decent spot, and wouldn't have any problems accommodating 20-25 people I'd say.

Sorry I meant to say Northside City. Or anywhere near the Liffey.

What night are you thinking?

There is a decent Porterhouse on Nassau Street now, where Judge Roy Beans used to be, that's fairly central, in fact, it's called Porterhouse Central :)

If you get there early enough, they should have tables available. Actually. A while back, there was a Boards Beers organised for there, and they reserved tables for us. That would have been a Friday with people arriving from about 4.30 or 5ish.

You could try Messrs Maguire, another haunt of Boards people, and you'd hvae no problem getting reserved seats for that kind of crowd. How much closer to The Liffey do you want.

There's Grand Central on O'Connell/Abbey Street also, but it might not take a reservation for 20-25 people. It's kind of small on the street level, downstairs is a nightclub, they might open that for you.

The Mercantile on Dame Street might be a good bet too.

What night are you thinking?

There is a decent Porterhouse on Nassau Street now, where Judge Roy Beans used to be, that's fairly central, in fact, it's called Porterhouse Central :)

If you get there early enough, they should have tables available. Actually. A while back, there was a Boards Beers organised for there, and they reserved tables for us. That would have been a Friday with people arriving from about 4.30 or 5ish.

You could try Messrs Maguire, another haunt of Boards people, and you'd hvae no problem getting reserved seats for that kind of crowd. How much closer to The Liffey do you want.

There's Grand Central on O'Connell/Abbey Street also, but it might not take a reservation for 20-25 people. It's kind of small on the street level, downstairs is a nightclub, they might open that for you.

Thanks for that Des. I was thinking of Friday week from around 6-7pm.

• Advertisement

I reckon you'll be hard pushed to get anywhere to reserve seats that late.

I'd recommend Messrs Maguire as your best bet then, the Porterhouse definitely won't reserve seats that late.

I've been up into Messrs at about 7ish on a Friday evening and the crowd seems to be getting going around then, still a few seats available around the place, and even sections reserved with nobody in them yet.

You'd want to be ringing them soon-ish I think though.

http://www.messrsmaguire.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

2 for the price of 1 drinks in the Vaults (Connolly Station) Fridays 5-8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Place is a kip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Wool Shed beside Cineworld is good, that's about all I know on the Northside though..Porterhouse Central, Messrs and Down Under (now The Scene) are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Is k3 still open, big bar just opposite the epicurean

TP smiths on abbey street always have tables reserved it seems, you'd wanna phone soon if you wanna fit 25 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bear and Castle, no tv's great beer & streaks...top of dame street near christ church...proper beer house..

and there's plenty of hen's passing to keep the smokers amoung you amused in the cold

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Bear and Castle, no tv's great beer & streaks...top of dame street near christ church...proper beer house..

and there's plenty of hen's passing to keep the smokers amoung you amused in the cold

That'd be Bull and Castle ;) Nice spot though, been in a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Is k3 still open, big bar just opposite the epicurean

TP smiths on abbey street always have tables reserved it seems, you'd wanna phone soon if you wanna fit 25 though
    Closed down ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Twee. wrote: »
    That'd be Bull and Castle ;) Nice spot though, been in a few times.

that's the one:D
    hard to beet the cajaun onions and a rib eye all washed down with a Blarey Blonde...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

Barcode in clontarf used to do 3 euro pints after work on a Friday. Does anyone know if this is still going?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If you dont mind paying 5.20 a pint in broad daylight followed by a substantial increase later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

probably not very good for you location wise ~ but it would be hilarious to book out the whole of the Dawson lounge ! ( think their fire regulation limit is 26 people as far as i remember)

Advertisement