Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennou Coil

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:41pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently I found out about Dennō Coil and started watching it. I'm about 7 or 8 episodes in and really enjoying it so far, although I almost don't want to watch the rest of it because it looks like there are only 26 episodes in total.

I've read around a bit online and there don't seem to be any plans to continue the series beyond what's already been done, so I'm wondering if there are any other similar series that I should check out once I do get to the end of it - whether the similarity is in production values or overall storyline/premise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

looks nice, I'll give it a gander, I think

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's really good so far, one of those great cartoons where you know that it's target audience is probably tweenies/young adults but because it doesn't talk down to them anyone can enjoy it. The production values are amazing, it looks really really good. The closest comparison I can think of is The Animatrix: Beyond, where the kids find a derelict house in an area of the Matrix that has become corrupted, so that things like gravity don't work correctly. Definitely worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I watched that a while ago, its absolutely brilliant! i can't possibly recommend it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I watched it... it's not one of my favourites I have to say. Only bit I really liked was when the dog looked up at the end of the credits, lol.

Had some interesting ideas, I just found it kinda sat in this melba middle ground of not being dystopian enough and not being fantasy enough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I must get back to it, I'm about 1/3 of the way through so far but have been away for a bit and haven't finished it yet though.

Still hoping for suggestions as to other similar sorts of shows, incidentally...

• Advertisement
Advertisement