Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Head is in a bit of a mess at the moment. Don't have long left in my current employment (couple of months I guess) and I have absolutely nothing planned for the future. For the past two years I've just done some mundane inputting job which won't really blow people away when they read my CV. Prior to that I was in college doing a business degree (I got a 2.1 for what it's worth). I pretty much detest the office environment and would hate to do this sort of thing for life.

Problem is that I don't know what I want to do. Any jobs I've seen offered have things like x number of years experienced required for this job etc. My business degree is wasted as I've no real desire to continue on in that area.

What do I do? Any sites etc that can help me? I'm sure I'm not alone in this scenario but it's beginning to freak me out big time. I'm 24 btw.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi
    I understand your position as up until recently I was really unhappy with what I was doing.
    I couldnt find work related to what I had graduated in and ended up as a receptionist which did not interest me at all. I then found out about a natural health company who have been in business for over 30 years. I only have to work a few hours per week and I get paid more than I could have imagined. I left the job that I was unhappy with as I didnt need it any more and Im so much happier since Ive found this. If your interested in health care and are a driven person then this might be for you as well. If you think you might be interested I can call you to explain more.

Advertisement