Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I scored one for democracy this morning with the help of Today FM!

Options
  • 14-07-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

This morning, some hypocritical idiot of an FF senator was on with Ray Darcy, complaining that the GAA went abroad to a UK company to get sod for Croke Park.

He went on (and on, and on) about how surely grass could be grown in Ireland, and if an Irish company could do the job, then we should support our own in the current economic climate.

My text ?

"Ask him about the foreign crowd that did the FF website! Hypocrites!"

Ray put it to him, and he paused a bit, before saying that that crowd had done the Obama campaign, and "we could all do with a bit of Obama's success", or words to that effect.

What a load of ironic crap! I don't care who did his website, because Obama represented a change from a corrupt regime and a new start; FF represent more of the same crap.

Welcome to FF : do as we say, not as we do.

W**kers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

NO FOREIGN GAMES

But foreign grass is ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

People have been importing enough of it from abroad for years :D One baggie at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭SeanW

As dustin the turkey would say: "go on ya good thing"

nice one Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    This morning, some hypocritical idiot of an FF senator was on with Ray Darcy, complaining that the GAA went abroad to a UK company to get sod for Croke Park.

He went on (and on, and on) about how surely grass could be grown in Ireland, and if an Irish company could do the job, then we should support our own in the current economic climate.

Ireland, with our €131bn of FDI, should not be trying to get countries to "look after their own".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

My text ?

Ray put it to him, and he paused a bit, before saying that that crowd had done the Obama campaign, and "we could all do with a bit of Obama's success", or words to that effect.

What a load of ironic crap! I don't care who did his website, because Obama represented a change from a corrupt regime and a new start; FF represent more of the same crap.

W**kers!

Actaully after doing quick whois lookup it looks like they just didn't get the site built/designed in the US, but it may also be hosted over there.
    It appears to be hosted in Washington, very patriotic indeed :rolleyes:

Check out
    http://www.bluestatedigital.com/pages/about/

because www.fiannafail.ie is just an alias hosted by them.
    No sign of any irish offices :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭SeanW

Ireland, with our €131bn of FDI, should not be trying to get countries to "look after their own".
    Noone said we should - but the OP was complaining about the hypocrasy of an FF chiding the GAA for importing sod while at the same time FF outsourced it's website design (and hosting?) to the U.S. to try to get some rub-off from Barack Obama.

Regardless of whether or not you believe in protectionism or "look after our own," the hypocrasy of this is staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

NO FOREIGN GAMES

But foreign grass is ok :D

that is so 2005 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

AFAIK most parties( FF for sure) had their election posters done North of the border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Wasn't it drogheda council who had a leaflet printed up to advertise the benefits of shopping this side of the border, printed by a printer in Newry?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wasn't it drogheda council who had a leaflet printed up to advertise the benefits of shopping this side of the border, printed by a printer in Newry?

No, I think it was Dundalk. There is a thread here somewhere about it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

jmayo wrote: »

Check out
    http://www.bluestatedigital.com/pages/about/

because www.fiannafail.ie is just an alias hosted by them.
    No sign of any irish offices :rolleyes:

I think they opened an office in London (to help their pitch for the British Labour Party account).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Biggins wrote: »
    No, I think it was Dundalk. There is a thread here somewhere about it I think.

Dundalk chamber of commerce as far as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I think it was a little more on the "Be patrotic, help local business and shop local" side of things but the point is the same.

Well done OP!

If only more people could spot the blatant hypocracy and moreso shove it back down their throats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

dresden8 wrote: »
    Dundalk chamber of commerce as far as I recall.

Here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055553297&highlight=dundalk+leaflets

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055552584&highlight=dundalk+leaflets

Yep, I remember it being news on the radio and papers shortly afterwards.
    ...and there was also the FF posters that were done up the north as well if memory also serves me right. Some said this was why they might have "forgot" to include on some of their election posters, where they were printed! :rolleyes:

Thats the arrogance of FF for you in regard to the OP's subject of protest. I'd expect nothing less from the organisation.
    Its what a lot of the public has come to expect from these wasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This morning, some hypocritical idiot of an FF senator was on with Ray Darcy

Assuming this was Eoghan Harris, yeah?
    Or Donie?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Or Donie?

nah..some guy from Kerry (where else if its GAA), name of Kelly?..maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Or Donie?

Don't remember (although I would have recognised Harris and probably switched off the minute I heard Bertie's arse-licker)

I texted the show this morning to ask if they'd put it up as a podcast and they said they would......

Keep an eye out as we publicise the double-standards and hypocrisy even more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ian Kinsella

good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

85106.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hmmm.....but is that ACTUALLY a compliment, JonathanAnon ;):D

Inept, bungling, etc ? He could run for FF.

Mind you, his heart's in the right place and things usually work out, so maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

dvpower wrote: »
    I think they opened an office in London (to help their pitch for the British Labour Party account).

Yep they appear ot have offices in a few locations, but as I said NONE of them are in Ireland contributing to the Irish exchequer.
    Then we have ff gombeens trying to be sanctimonious and preaching about spending money at home.
    The level of intelligence and pure cop on displayed by some of them, and indeed a lot of politicans from other parties, is staggering.

This thread would not exist, but for the fact one FF gombeen thought he could be smart and have a go at the GAA who probably would be responsible for a lot of spending in the Irish economy.

The fact that he and his party are hypocritical appears to have gone over some people's heads.
    No wonder they keep getting back into power :rolleyes:

BTW the GAA do not have choice, there aren't any producers in this country AFAIK.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

85106.jpg

Surprising how many sons of the FF old-guard became comedians - Ardal O'halon, Dave McSavage, Connor Lenihan, Sean Haughey........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Typical FF bullsh*t, "Oh he got elected because he had this trendy website, so we'll get a trendy website and we'll get to stay in power"...

This is what passes for leadership in Ireland, this is was passes for intelligent decision making that the rest of us are paying through our f*cking rectum's for.

"Let's get a trendy website that we'll pay a few hundred grand for and that'll make people think that we are as capable as Obama".

I f*cking RAGE when I hear stories like this...

These Fianna Fail scumbags have ruined this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My text ?

W**kers!

Well done. Utter w**ker! Thats prob why no one came on from Fine Gael either:D

Advertisement