Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC keeps powering down

• 14-07-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Newbie here, just wanted some pointers on what i should check, have a 4yr old Medion PC - worked fine up until last night. When i turn it on the Pc boots up then powers down. Each time it progressed to a different stage of booting up (sometimes it powered down before OS (XP) loaded, other it booted up then shut down half way through opening programmes etc no common variable). Eventually after 7 attempts it finally booted up and worked fine.If this is not the right place please move. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DESQ

I'd check the fan? is there any chance it could be overheated? did you check your power supply is it fully in the wall and back of the computer? try checking the internal connections from the power supply to the motherboard. is the computer near anything that would cause it to overheat.

Some of the suggestions up there might be a bit silly, i don't know much about computers but i hope the above help in some way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Try what DESQ says, you could also disable power settings in BIOS

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Thanks guys, checked all recommendations then partially opened the casing on the tower, looks like years of dust build up which could be causing the overheating. Will open it up tonight and use hoover out all the dust and see if this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DESQ

No bother, check that the fan can rotate freely and isn't packed with dust,

Advertisement