Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical Bills in Buying A Home?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Myself and the missus are considering buying a house for various reasons. I've spoken to the bank and they've told me how much they'll lend us. Obviously the more we have saved for a deposit the better but outside of a deposit what other money is typical?

Lawyers fees, engineers etc. How much does this typically come too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

laywers, surveyor, then things like life assurance that you will have to take out on the mortgage, if your not both first time buyers there could be stamp duty.

depends on the size of the house etc but solicitor fees approx 1.5 - 2k, surveyor will be a couple of hundred aswell. Why dont you shop around and see what your quoted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks D3PO. That's not too bad I guess and of course we will indeed shop around. We're first time buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is the house new or is it second hand? If it's been lived in, some problems may have appeared, but if it were brand new, some problems may have yet to be discovered, or the house may need to be snagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

the_syco wrote: »
    Is the house new or is it second hand? If it's been lived in, some problems may have appeared, but if it were brand new, some problems may have yet to be discovered, or the house may need to be snagged.

Second hand syco and it will need refurbishment.

Advertisement