Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Wedding Video

Options
  • 14-07-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I just recorded my sister's wedding and am now at the stage when I should be editing the footage, adding backing tracks and generally creating something more pleasing on the eye than my dubious raw footage ;). I haven't done anything this big before and tbh haven't even watched a wedding video so amn't quite sure of how best to structure the whole production.

I've transferred all of the taped footage to an external hardrive and have bought an editing package (Roxio Video Wave 10......hope it's okay) and have been tinkering around with it and learning how to use all the features.

I'd just like a bit of advice on what exactly is expected from a wedding video. I understand that the wedding vows in the church and the speeches in the hotel are crucial, but what about the rest?
    • Do I put in the entire church service?
    • How long do people think the video should be?
    • How much of it should have music overlaid or be left with the original audio?
    • How long should any given scene be?
    • Should I include photos/ slideshows?
    • Are there any big mistakes I should steer clear of or any advice I should have?
    Any advice gratefully received!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

gwjones42 wrote: »
    • Do I put in the entire church service?
    • How long do people think the video should be?
    • How much of it should have music overlaid or be left with the original audio?
    • How long should any given scene be?
    • Should I include photos/ slideshows?
    • Are there any big mistakes I should steer clear of or any advice I should have?
    Any advice gratefully received!!

Cheers

1. Do. But remove as much of the mass as possible, leaving in parts where the couple and their friends/family are involved.
    2. Less than 2 hours
    3. What I do - which might be pure crap - is put music over the following:
    - any pre-ceremony goings-on (if theres anything funny/interesting said keep that in)
    - The meet & greet at the end of the ceremony
    - the photoshoot
    Then keep natural sound for ceremony and speeches
    4. How long is a piece of string! That one you'd have to use your judgement on.
    5. If you have photos to use then yeah a slideshow would probably be nice
    6. Try not to drive yourself too crazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Just the kind of advice I was looking for!

Thanks for that GeorgeBailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Not a problem. Glad to have been a help.

Advertisement