Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effect on tattoos when flexing

Options
  • 14-07-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Lads quick question. Im getting my first bit of ink today (VERY NERVOUS!!), on the inside of my top left bicep. Do I get it put on when Im relaxed or flexing, and if its relaxed, whatl the effect be if I flex?

Also if my biceps grow more (which please God they will), will the tat end up stretched out or what?

Anyone here have any tats in places where the skin stretches alot due to flexing? Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Well you won't be able to flex for however many hours it takes, so rule that out!

It's best to have it on your arm in its most natural state, because how many hours of the day do you walk around fully flexed? It will skew a bit, but it'll skew when you bend your arm, or when you straighten it. It doesn't change the overall look of the tattoo too much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you are planning on bulking your arms up, then put off getting your tattoo till you have done so, because it won't affect the tattoo hugely, but it will stretch it a bit out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I got my arm piece done when I was about 18 and wasn't training now I've been training seriously for about 8 years and my tattoo which was designed to fit the contours of my arm at the time doesn't fit it any more and one of the circular pieces is now more of an egg shape. In that time I've added 2.5-maybe 3in to my arms. I'd reccomend putting in the time to get your arms up to scratch and then get the tattoo.

Advertisement