Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 12 month Satellite Navigation License £5

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Got mine this morning too but haven't used it yet, i already have 6 months naviagtion left, does anybody know if i enter the code will it be 1 and half year all together or just 1 year starting from the day i enter code.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sbhatia wrote: »
    Got mine this morning too but haven't used it yet, i already have 6 months naviagtion left, does anybody know if i enter the code will it be 1 and half year all together or just 1 year starting from the day i enter code.
    Thanks

When you enter the new code, it will add the 365 days to whatever days you already have. :)

If you change your phone, all the days will also be carried over to the new phone, once nokia ofcourse ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

parsi wrote: »
    I received my code card this morning in a big brown envelope.

Entered the code and got to choose which Sub I wanted - Drive Europe, Drive America, Drive India etc etc.

Works fine.

Haven't received mine yet :eek:
    But Drive Europe is what Nokia is looking to charge 60 yoyo for directly so this Bargain Alert was fantastic value. Thanks for the third time, Davy!

Haven't received mine yet :eek:
    But Drive Europe is what Nokia is looking to charge 60 yoyo for directly so this Bargain Alert was fantastic value. Thanks for the third time, Davy!

Your welcome johnny.
    Ye i forgot to say about the 'drive europe'. They have moved away from the Ire&UK and the other eu regions and just gone for the one that covers everything so its a huge improvement :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

strange one, nokia 5800 with o2 checked licences got 90 days free, brother's nokia 5800 with vodaphone checked licences got 7 days free, is that just an 02 thing, how do you go about updating to maps 3.0, with the pc suite?, thanks again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

chris1970 wrote: »
    strange one, nokia 5800 with o2 checked licences got 90 days free, brother's nokia 5800 with vodaphone checked licences got 7 days free, is that just an 02 thing, how do you go about updating to maps 3.0, with the pc suite?, thanks again

I got 7 fe days with my E71 on 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Big thanks to the OP on this, nice BA!

You need to download a program called map loader, connect the phone to the pc in 'mass memory' mode ratehr than pc suite and let the program do the rest.

Download it from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

When i bought my N95 8gb at the end of 2007 it came with 1years nav!!

Oh, and i've not received mine yet! :(

• Advertisement

Arrived this morning :):):)

cb8628e8021147bfbd5dce6dea1c2734.jpg

I'm still waiting on mine.
    is anyone else still waiting?

I'm still waiting on mine.
    is anyone else still waiting?

I got my dispatched email on friday 17th

Dang! got an email from Prepaymania
    Your order has been returned to us undelivered as the driver was unable to locate your address.
    Please confirm if your address is correct:

XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Dublin

Or give us any further information that you feel may help us to deliver your goods (house number, etc.).

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

No "Ireland" in the address?!?!?!? I used PayPal.

Dang! got an email from Prepaymania

No "Ireland" in the address?!?!?!? I used PayPal.

I paid with paypal. My arrived with no ireland on it, but ireland is saved on my address in paypal.

yeah got mine too without any prob and activated it to 490 days altogether ( had few months alrady left).
    what a relief, was really thinking to buy it but saved 40 something euro. thanks again Davy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got mine, it connects and finds my location and tracks me as i drive but when i put in a location it cannot find it or select a location in history and pick drive to and it then says no route. any idea's what im doing wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

:( I got none yet and was dispatched last friday

jamesd wrote: »
    Got mine, it connects and finds my location and tracks me as i drive but when i put in a location it cannot find it or select a location in history and pick drive to and it then says no route. any idea's what im doing wrong?

Are you using version 2, or 3.0? If you are using 2 i would update to 3.0. I posted earlier how do update it and the link. I click search, enter address, then click drive to and it calculates the route.

:( I got none yet and was dispatched last friday

tomorrow i can feel it ;)

Davy wrote: »
    I paid with paypal. My arrived with no ireland on it, but ireland is saved on my address in paypal.

Mine too. They must have had the super genius summer intern trying to deliver my one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Mine also arrived,Thanks again too the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

got mine as well. should have ordered 2nd one for next year ....

Are you using version 2, or 3.0? If you are using 2 i would update to 3.0. I posted earlier how do update it and the link. I click search, enter address, then click drive to and it calculates the route.

tomorrow i can feel it ;)

Im using version 3, I will try it again tonight and see how I get on.

Just a question???

How you guys doing with Maps keep diapperaing and have to install again.
    I have backup folder so when this happens i just copy it back to cities folder, as europe map is about 1.9 gb so takes long time. :mad:
    any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Also got mine this morning. Also paid by Paypal.

Just a question???

How you guys doing with Maps keep diapperaing and have to install again.
    I have backup folder so when this happens i just copy it back to cities folder, as europe map is about 1.9 gb so takes long time. :mad:
    any other ideas?

The whole program disappears?

The whole program disappears?

No just the Maps data, apparently it's common bug with ovi Maps 3.0 :(

Haven't noticed it yet

Haven't noticed it yet

Cool, what map version you are using and what countries maps you have installed?

Did you try to run software updater on the map and is it still there?

Cool, what map version you are using and what countries maps you have installed?

Did you try to run software updater on the map and is it still there?

Using 3.1, cant remember what countries are on it but i cant remember having problems with it

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Best e6 I have spent in ages.Maps are much better that my garmin,mind you have not updated to new garmin maps,no problems with ovi software yet.I have a nokia e71 and while the screen is a bit small the voice guidance is great,I love the way that you can take a screenshot at any stage and email,text of blue tooth it.Have ordered a decent windscreen mount for the phone now and will probably retire the garmin.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/SUCTION-MOUNT-CAR-HOLDER-AND-CHARGER-KIT-For-Nokia-E71_W0QQitemZ290332452864QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries?hash=item439929a800&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1300%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Thanks Davy, got mine in the post yesterday :). The SatNav is very good on the Nokia 5800.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mine arrive during the week but only got my hands on it today

viv.ie wrote: »
    Best e6 I have spent in ages.Maps are much better that my garmin,mind you have not updated to new garmin maps,no problems with ovi software yet.I have a nokia e71 and while the screen is a bit small the voice guidance is great,I love the way that you can take a screenshot at any stage and email,text of blue tooth it.Have ordered a decent windscreen mount for the phone now and will probably retire the garmin.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/SUCTION-MOUNT-CAR-HOLDER-AND-CHARGER-KIT-For-Nokia-E71_W0QQitemZ290332452864QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries?hash=item439929a800&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1300%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks for the link - Ordered one of those from ebay there myself now

Still havent got mine :(

Still havent got mine :(

When did you get the dispatched email?

The Same Friday as yourself, Was in Contact with them they said they would email me a Replacement code if it doesnt turn up

Ye, should be here by now. Glad that the customer service seems good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

Mine didn't show up by post either.

Contacted Customer Service via their website last Friday, received code by email this morning, all works perfect. No complaints.

Looking forward to the next offer from this company.

Oh, and thank you OP! :D

I've just contacted Customer care... hopefully i'll get a code in email as well...
    mine didn't turn up either! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

ordered two the day after the OP posted.
    Got one the following week but the second one never turned up. Emailed them yesterday and they said they would email out a code in the next few days.
    Customer service seems to be ok with this company.

I am running the one I got and seems good so far, maps seem up to date and navigation is working fine. Only thing that I dont like is you cant browse a route once you have created it. I like to see where it is going to bring me along the way. It seems to be difficult to scroll across the route in order to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I still haven't received mine. anyone else waiting?

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare/doens't need the one they bought, pm me!

Mine didn't turn up by post, but contacted them on their customer care online thingy and they got back pretty quick and ended up emailing me the code.
    worked no problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Anyone else having problems with nokia maps lately. It won't show the route or play voice directions.its been like this for a while but I thought updating the maps and a new license would help.

Advertisement