Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Nitelife on the Up???

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

From the sounds the lads are makin back home Waterfords nightlife is on the up and up so it is.
    The boys said there was sone craic in rubys on the weekend so they did.

What boys? And how was it some craic? Just out of curiosity...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Rubys, mulddons, Masons and 10 *nite club( are all owned by Bob Tweedy. He's had the monopoly for years now. I haven't (or any of my mates) gone into harveys since the cover charge and its going to take a lot of work for them to get the crowds back in again. When you consider that pubs in dublin like 10 at O connell Bridge sell pints for €3.50 and still make enough profit to keep the mediocre busineess open.

General mark up on soft drinks in pubs is on average 400-500%.

I have to say the nightlife is on the way up in Waterford. Finished work at 12 on Tuesday night and Rubys lounge seemed to be jammers. Masons and muldoons play the best music - RnB, Dance, soul, 80's, 90's. The key to it like hopefully revo's will be is the music and a decent smoking area. We always start drinking before we go out, so come 11ish we're well on our way.

Hopefully revo's will revolutionise the nite life in waterford and be a wee bit bold in certain respects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

FYI - I got dragged into Harveys on Friday night for the first time since the charge was introduced (one of the lads birthday so couldn't argue). When we got down there they were letting everyone in for free 'tonight only' so you could sign up for their membership card. It was as busy as any normal Friday night I'd say, but it was free in. I presume free entry 'tonight only' was a result of the reduced crowds over the last few weeks, so they made it free to get people to sign up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

renraw wrote: »
    Rubys, mulddons, Masons and 10 *nite club( are all owned by Bob Tweedy. He's had the monopoly for years now. I haven't (or any of my mates) gone into harveys since the cover charge and its going to take a lot of work for them to get the crowds back in again. When you consider that pubs in dublin like 10 at O connell Bridge sell pints for €3.50 and still make enough profit to keep the mediocre busineess open.

General mark up on soft drinks in pubs is on average 400-500%.

I have to say the nightlife is on the way up in Waterford. Finished work at 12 on Tuesday night and Rubys lounge seemed to be jammers. Masons and muldoons play the best music - RnB, Dance, soul, 80's, 90's. The key to it like hopefully revo's will be is the music and a decent smoking area. We always start drinking before we go out, so come 11ish we're well on our way.

Hopefully revo's will revolutionise the nite life in waterford and be a wee bit bold in certain respects.

I havnt being in Town on a Tue night in years, but I agree with you about the music in clubs, Normally in clubs you are looking at chart, Commercial Dance, Rnb and all the old school tunes normally work well, playing 80s in a night clubs is a no, unless its an 80's night, You would get away mixing it up a bit more in a disco bar.

But if the club sticks to the above, and another area for the 80's ans 90's, bascially 2 djs, Im sure rev will do fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

roll on spraoi i say :D:D

anyone see anything good being advertised for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

What boys? And how was it some craic? Just out of curiosity...

The heads from the dunmore road ya know, that shower. They were just sayin that there was some buzz in there like.

Sound boi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Masons are doing €4 for all drinks on a sunday...handy...think revolution will do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

halfinch wrote: »
    Masons are doing €4 for all drinks on a sunday...handy...think revolution will do well

It's actually €4 Sun to Thurs. What are the chances they'll be €4 next Sunday though. :rolleyes:

It says except on bank holidays...so I guess no chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ginakate

Havent been around waterford lately but how much are Harvey charging for a cover charge??????
    Am planning on heading down there for the weekend anything fun planned by any of the bars for spraoi??? or good bands around???

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

making rubys lounge bigger and improving the layout but i cant help thinking it would take the atmosphere away from the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paula 101

Well, I was in Harveys this Friday night and once again it was free entry and they were giving out membership cards. Not many in there I might add. Asked about the Spraoi weekend and I believe they are going to put on a cover charge of €10 for the entire weekend. I guess they think it will be too busy to give out membership cards that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

deise48 wrote: »
    making rubys lounge bigger and improving the layout but i cant help thinking it would take the atmosphere away from the place
    Where are they expanding into? Is Ladbrokes closing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

AdMMM wrote: »

I think that was a hypothetical scenario. That is the only way of expanding the Lounge though, doubt The Woodman would be going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

Don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I wouldn't bet on it!

Grabs Coat

Advertisement