Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Quick question, just crossed my mind just now, but what happens, and just say it does, that you dont get the points you need for ANY of the courses you have down for your CAO, what do you do then? Can you apply for a course that the points you got suffice for and if theres places available?

nope, you're ****ed.

what time are people going in at? I was thinking half 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I am getting horrible flashbacks of this time last year! Best of luck to you all, I remember the day well. Open your results alone if you want to, let your ma open them, whatever works for you. Its your day. Enjoy your night out too, you've all earned it. Go neirí libh.

I'm sure I speak for all the Boards.ie class of 2008/9. Some of you, like me, will end up stuck here for longer than planned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I honestly cant wait for them back....im too impatient for my own good! :p Im just dying to see how i did, and not knowing what im gunna be doing in september is killing me...:( Cmon august 12th! :D

Scratch that. As of today, i dont want them any more. :( Ignorance is bliss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Can't sleep. Feel sick when I eat. Can feel the nerves all over,not just in the pit of my stomach.

End now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 buggeryboo

17 Hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Quick question, just crossed my mind just now, but what happens, and just say it does, that you dont get the points you need for ANY of the courses you have down for your CAO, what do you do then? Can you apply for a course that the points you got suffice for and if theres places available?

You can apply for any Vacant Places (http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutVPL) which may appear on the CAO site provided you meet the requirements for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

16 hours. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I am seriously nervous now, last week I was distracted because of the Horse Show and the week before the results seemed ages away.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Is anybody planning on pulling an all nighter! I think I will! Me and few films and the internet for the night!!:)

I know I won't sleep so I won't even try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I'm looking forward to getting these results, but, I'm not nervous at all. :D

Gonna go to the Pats n Bohs game tonight and go to the pub, wake up tomorrow at 12, and get me results online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Is anybody planning on pulling an all nighter! I think I will! Me and few films and the internet for the night!!:)

i'm working at 7am on thursday morning so i might end up doing an all nighter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Start drinking, you'll be sleeping like a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

i feel sick :( stupid results yok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

creggy wrote: »
    Start drinking, you'll be sleeping like a baby.

:rolleyes:
    But babies wake up loads of time during the night!lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭smileyxx

best of luck everyone, I'm not getting results or anything but just thought I'd pop in and wish everyone the very best;)xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

:rolleyes:
    But babies wake up loads of time during the night!lol

Drink more then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 shane154

The nerves are kicking in now. I feel like jelly. Im really preparing myself for disapointment:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Lovely. Went into town for a few pints earlier and a game of pool. Gave my friend 'the brush'! and am feeling nice and drowsy now.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm practising my "oh,the examiner must've marked that all wrong,I obviously did much better than that,nah I won't bother getting it rechecked,too much fuss....." face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'm practising my "oh,the examiner must've marked that all wrong,I obviously did much better than that,nah I won't bother getting it rechecked,too much fuss....." face.

Lol, same here. I think it will be some combination of :confused: + :( + :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Id say ill probably go and play indoor soccer with my fiends 2nit and after dat i will prob do an all nighter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was supposed to be going out with my friend today but she ditched me, so I spent the day depressed and worried.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Why are you doing all nighters tonight?! Go to bed early. Up fresh in the morning and set for the day/night. Do an all nighter tomorrow night. Much better idea.

No point worrying over something you can't do anything about. Forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Personally I will try to get some sleep tonight. However the likely-hood of it is not particularly high.

As I'm not in Ireland at the moment I will be getting the results when it goes live. I know I could get some else to get the results to me earlier however I really don't like the idea of someone collecting them and then calling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

i just really want the next thirteen or fourteen hours to fly by.... i've drastically changed my hopes for tomorrow, feck law, c'mon geography!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

So i tried training my gerbil today to actually go onto my hand. I was petting him for ages, letting him eat from my hand. I even put him on my shoulder.

So 10 minutes ago I put my hand down in his cage. He came over and put a paw on my finger. I thought ''this was it, he finally trusts me''

Then he bit me :pac:

So today was a fail. Hopefully tomorrow isn't :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

There's something seriously wrong with you.

UHT milk is lovely. If they sold it in bottles then I'd buy it :pac:

Seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Larkin501 wrote: »
    UHT milk is lovely. If they sold it in bottles then I'd buy it :pac:

Seriously

you're a bad man, a bad man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

:eek::eek::eek:

Preparing for the worst now

so if I do good 2mor ill feel great and if I do bad I wont be too dissapointed.:D

ill more than likely stay up till about 2am watching dvds cause I know I wont sleep

anyone else have butterflys;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

I'm so nervous....having thoughts like "did I answer all the questions in acoounting etc."......Anyone else adding up points over and over again?? :):)

Advertisement