Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

Im s**ting it now. My course that I want is in the 300s point area but i didnt do great and now im having my doubts. Ill just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i had my first dream last night... they couldn't find my results :(

this time 2 weeks, we'll all be happily celebrating, or drowning our sorrows :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

kateos2 wrote: »
    i had my first dream last night... they couldn't find my results :(

this time 2 weeks, we'll all be happily celebrating, or drowning our sorrows :P

probably drowning my sorrows..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My Summer has been so boring, I think that's why I'm kind of worried, I've been overthinking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Shoop

I have arts down on my Cao in all it's different guises as my first 3 or 4 choices and some 200 point course which I have a vague interest in as a safety net, but I just read on some other thread that points would go up by 60 for some courses so I'm for some reason bricking it now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Shoop wrote: »
    I have arts down on my Cao in all it's different guises as my first 3 or 4 choices and some 200 point course which I have a vague interest in as a safety net, but I just read on some other thread that points would go up by 60 for some courses so I'm for some reason bricking it now :eek:

No one knows how much the points will go up....enjoy the rest of the summer and dont be thinking about any of that yet! :)

If you want to have a look at this, its from february, but it gives a general idea of changes in applications....http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/pdf/AppStats01Feb2009.pdf
    I dont know how much of an increase would have to happen for courses to go up by 60 points, but theres nothing too drastic there....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

13 DAYS LEFT - WILL YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT OR WILL YOU BE A FAILURE?! DON'T WORRY.

Cousin and a few random people I know are getting results. God the summer's flying.

Don't worry people, have abit of faith. If you don't get what you want, there's loads of other options, your CAO has 10 choices and that's serious, not just things people tell you to feel better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Oooh two weeks left :)
    Lets the good times roll, until then that is
    I got 50 points over what I needed in the mocks, but still, you always have that nagging worry.
    *conitinues to bits stiubs of nails*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Im not worryin at all! But i think that the way im so laid back about it could jinx me in some way. Ahh sure, whatever happens happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Im not worryin at all! But i think that the way im so laid back about it could jinx me in some way. Ahh sure, whatever happens happens

You're not the only one relaxed :pac:

No worries for me. I wish I had the results now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It's possible to worry and wish we had them now at the same time.

This is worse than the LC countdown. At least then we could pretend to study or something.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    It's possible to worry and wish we had them now at the same time.

This is worse than the LC countdown. At least then we could pretend to study or something.

We should have a thread for perfect excuses to say to our family/friends for when we do fail:

"I swear, that Irish paper was DEADLY"

"The man corrected it wrong"

"My hand broke that day, I couldn't write" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Larkin501 wrote: »
    We should have a thread for perfect excuses to say to our family/friends for when we do fail:

"I swear, that Irish paper was DEADLY"

"The man corrected it wrong"

"My hand broke that day, I couldn't write" :pac:

Lol, i've already perfected that one for practically every paper i did :rolleyes: Sooo not getting anyones hopes up, so at least this way they'll think i've done awful so anything better will be a nice surprise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

12 days people

i want em now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I've gotten to the stage where I feel sick when I think of it. Ugh,hurry up and go away! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

12 days somehow seems like so much less than 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

esp because its under two weeks.. so you can say "oh.. my results are out in just over a week now" how horrible does that sound??:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Wow up untill now I didn't even know when the results were being sent out. Pretty much a week left...ah well. Guess I'm gettin mouldy in around a weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I'm not going to look at them until I get the offer from CAO..

Lucet wrote: »

That would be nerve wrecking :eek:. Good luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I know someone that said that once, he only made it from the school back to his house before he ripped it open.
    You might not open the envelope in front people, but you know you will log on secretly and then you can be secretly smug too ;)
    works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I'm so nervous about them, so I think better idea is to wait for CAO, and then to look at them. Well, we'll see :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I bet you a 100 quid you wouldn't able be hold out :P

Oh God, I keep rethinking my English essay. I shouldn't have put in those jokes. Damn my childishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

11 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Tomorrow, it'll be 10 days. Imagine! The summer flew.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

phasers wrote: »
    Oh God, I keep rethinking my English essay.
    Seriously, stop doing that. You're only driving yourself cuckoo to no good point.

Seriously, stop doing that. You're only driving yourself cuckoo to no good point.
    I know, it's like a sickness. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I met 3 people last night who have the same first choice as I do.
    There's only 25 places!
    The wait over Human Health and Disease will kill me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

11 days people:P

Advertisement