Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Craguls wrote: »
    I met 3 people last night who have the same first choice as I do.
    There's only 25 places!
    The wait over Human Health and Disease will kill me. :(

Ah, balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

11 days people:P

Ssshhhhh:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

how the hell has the summer passed so quick?! never thought it'd get this close... oh helll...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Ah, balls.
    I think Human Health and Disease covers more than STIs / issues around male fertility ... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

10 days left, its about time these blasted things come out then I can rightly burn ALL my school parafinalia!!! WOO!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I already dumped all my stuff, I clearly won't be able to repeat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

same, i sold mine for like €80 to one of the shops near me about 2 days after my last exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NerdPantzz

I actually read all the replies to this thread and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having terrible dreams about the results and offers! I'm so worried I failed maths and then my other grades wont really matter because maths is a requirement for everything on my CAO! Really shouldn't be thinking like this, I know. I know there'll be a big anti-climax after the results are given out, as its the offers that really matter... I'm dreading that 5 day wait in between!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

NerdPantzz wrote: »
    I actually read all the replies to this thread and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having terrible dreams about the results and offers! I'm so worried I failed maths and then my other grades wont really matter because maths is a requirement for everything on my CAO! Really shouldn't be thinking like this, I know. I know there'll be a big anti-climax after the results are given out, as its the offers that really matter... I'm dreading that 5 day wait in between!!!

I have the exact same problem as well, my maths result freaking me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Some awesome mspaint skillz there brah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Is anyone else fine and not thinking about it, and then BAM your mother comes along and ruins your momentary bliss by telling you exactly how long it is. . .
    She's killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Is anyone else fine and not thinking about it, and then BAM your mother comes along and ruins your momentary bliss by telling you exactly how long it is. . .
    She's killing me!
    Ouch! :D

Just ask her ever so gently not to keep reminding you, that you want to forget about it until the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Ouch! :D

Just ask her ever so gently not to keep reminding you, that you want to forget about it until the 12th.

haha as if that would help, she's a teacher and is waiting to see about her students results too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

:eek:
    People you need to relax im pretty sure that by the 12th swine flu will have killed us all

.....and Then there will be noting to worry about:P

ah the joys of the leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

I've been unconsciously alerting my friends, who've sort of gagged me from talking about it. But it's fun to talk over-dramatically about how the deciding day of their lifetime will soon be upon them and as rain bursts through the rib cage of a rotting grey cloud, scorching their eyes, contorting the muscles in their hands agonisingly towards the sky, they will know their fate and be smote upon the altar of the merciless points system. O, how the hethens and their Mocks-dismissing God will spiral into the pits of..

So, yeah, ahem, only a few days left.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hurry up so I can accept my place in college!!!

It's great knowing you've already got a place and it's just waiting to be accepted.

Oh sorry am I rubbing it in?

Ah but seriously best of luck all of ya. Enjoy the night out after and reward yourself for all the hard work you've done throughout the year. And remember it's not the end of the world. There's always other options to get into college. It just takes a little longer but is worth it in the end.

Just throwing it out there that if any of you shouldn't be satisfied with your results then there's always people you can talk to.
    From my experience when I went into town (Dublin) for my results night Samaritans were in Temple Bar offering to talk to people if they needed it.

Just remember that it really isn't the end of the world.

Best of luck ye lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

:pac:This whole Leaving Cert experience seems so surreal to me, I keep on feeling it was all for nothing even though I know it's important. Even the fact that I might be starting college soon is so surreal. Anyone get that? :confused:

Anyway, it's 00:23 and there is now 8 day left!!:( I'm not looking forward to the results and in the meantime I have to get this grant yolk sorted out. I'm looking forward to the Results night though. Gonna be PISSED AS HELL!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The only thing that worries me is the fact that I'm still not worried about the results...

I was out last night and bumped into a few people from school. They kept shouting stuff to the effect of "10 DAYS BYTHEWOODS, 10 DAYS!"
    That didn't even worry me, just made me wonder.. "WTF are they doing coming up to me on the dancefloor, stopping me from busting my killer moves and shouting about the LC for? LosOrzzz..."

My lack of stress could be due to the fact that I'm the only person out of my group of friends who sat the Leaving this year, so there's not really any room for talkin' about it. Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 katzen

i haven't been sleeping properly. i just want to get my results and get on with flat finding and everything. ahhh 8 days left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Just 56 dog days left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

K-Ren wrote: »
    I've been unconsciously alerting my friends, who've sort of gagged me from talking about it. But it's fun to talk over-dramatically about how the deciding day of their lifetime will soon be upon them and as rain bursts through the rib cage of a rotting grey cloud, scorching their eyes, contorting the muscles in their hands agonisingly towards the sky, they will know their fate and be smote upon the altar of the merciless points system. O, how the hethens and their Mocks-dismissing God will spiral into the pits of..

So, yeah, ahem, only a few days left.

In english please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

JSK 252 wrote: »
    In english please?

Telling friends
    It rains
    They get wet
    Shakes fists at sky
    Hates points system

That's what I got from it anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Telling friends
    It rains
    They get wet
    Shakes fists at sky
    Hates points system

That's what I got from it anyway :o

That has nothing to do with the CAO.

The CAO is a computer.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

JSK 252 wrote: »
    The CAO is a computer.:pac:

Anyone else think of the "im a pc" ad?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

wheres the official place that says august 12th? i need to get the details

aido179 wrote: »

https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=er

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

aido179 wrote: »
    2009 Examination Results

Results of the 2009 Leaving Certificate Examination will be available here from
    12 midday on Wednesday 12th August 2009. In order to use this service you must have your Examination Number and the Personal Identification Number (PIN) supplied to you before the commencement of the examinations. If you require confirmation of your examination number and/or PIN number you should contact your school.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Nervous guys? Tomorrow week:p Or after today 7 days!

anyone else starting to become a rescue remedy addict?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I bought a gerbil to take my mind off the results. :pac:

Advertisement