Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Had a quite a refreshing night last night, for once my dreams weren't CAO/points related, it was actually a nightmare about that new movie Orphan.
    Woke up more refreshed then I have been in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

anyone else starting to become a rescue remedy addict?

Isnt grape alcohol the same as wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Isnt grape alcohol the same as wine?

Oh sweet jesus someone give me a facepalm stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

It's funny how much I had forgotten about the results.

I'd rather get them online but I lost my PIN :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

:confused:Does anyone have the feeling that their summer holidays are over after the 12th?:confused:

I certainly do!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anything, thats when Summer starts! No more wondering what you got in the leaving etc?

Spot on mate.

Then there's the serious matter of partying down and the excitement of college to look forward to aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

7 days....
    This week is really going to suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

A pox on you and your lack of respect for margins JSK.

Just 1 week left. I'll have to remember to book the day off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

A week :eek:

I haven't been thinking about it much over the summer but it's getting close now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Someone in one of the other threads said the CAO 1st round points usually wind up online on one of the newspaper's websites the day of the offers at 4am, 2 hours before offers come out.

Any truth in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Craguls wrote: »
    Someone in one of the other threads said the CAO 1st round points usually wind up online on one of the newspaper's websites the day of the offers at 4am, 2 hours before offers come out.

Any truth in this?

Are you seriously thinking of getting up at 4 to check the points? No idea if it's true or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Not planning on it but I've been suffering with sleeping trouble lately if I'm awake anyway I'll give 'em a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Sure wait untill you get your points first, you might be lucky enough to know your safe. But otherwise if that's true, I reckon I'll be up at four aswell if things don't go my way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Craguls wrote: »

Any truth in this?

Yes, this is true. RTÉ teletext has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Hi guys, just popping in from another board to say best of luck with the points and offers... hope you all get what you want and if you dont, don't dwell on it. Maybe its for the best!
    when i did my leaving i wanted to do bio-chem now im studying law and its amazing!!!

Have fun with the celebrations too thats the best part!!!

Sparkles:) xxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Thanks sparkes. We all appreciate it :D

As for the results at 4a.m, I wouldn't mind having a look at that time. It depends on how excited I am. I'm going to do a lot of exercise on the 11th and hopefully I'll be wrecked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd say I'll check the points for my course before I head up to school, but I won't be up at 4am :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oh, the 4am points thing is the points for all the courses that CAO release to the press, its morning of the first offers, not the morning we get our results.
    I know , I'm going to my school on the day of the offers

Ah memories...

Night before the CAO points were released in my year, I chanced a few weblinks that I hoped had been updated but not been advertised yet. Someone had put up the points on http://www.rte.ie/cao or cao.html or something. Good times.

Results are a bit ahead but try not to fret over the results too much, there's plenty of ways to get where you want to go. Hope all goes well for yourselves of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

are the results not released til 12 midday at the schools too ???

corridon69 wrote: »

Depends on the school. Mine are released at 9a.m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

I'm pretty sure it depends on the school.... ie how fast the people in reception are with filling envelopes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 katzen

Results are released 9 am in my school. The teachers get to look at our results before we get them, which really p*sses me off

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Depends on the school. Mine are released at 9a.m
    katzen wrote: »
    Results are released 9 am in my school. The teachers get to look at our results before we get them, which really p*sses me off

How do you know exactly? Did your school tell ya before or do they send ye a letter or sumthin?

katzen wrote: »

That really irritates me :mad:

I can see my maths teacher telling me I could have done better. I don't really care so long as I get a place in a course I want to do.

How do you know exactly? Did your school tell ya before or do they send ye a letter or sumthin?

Our school just had signs written up saying it. Also our principal told us. You should give your school a ring on the morning of the 12th and they'll tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

are our points actually on the sheet (our best 6 added together) or do you have to make it out ourselves??

are our points actually on the sheet (our best 6 added together) or do you have to make it out ourselves??

work out yourself i heard

I'm bringin a sheet with them just in case

• Advertisement

Your results sheet only tells you what grade you get (i.e. B3). You've to correlate the grade with its related points, then add your six best together.

Most schools do this for you, though.

Advertisement