Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

All things going well, I should be on the beer in Dublin in aid of The Wire the night before results. Couldn't think of anything more fitting!

Can't wait to open up that envelope and get on with my life ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

DSCN4436.jpg

5 Days Left

A School Week Away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm fúcked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

5 days. Ah ya! 6 days till I'm hungover!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

i dont really have a clue how i even sat the leaving cert cause im so slow!!
    im still really confused bout all this sh1te!:(
    ok so on the 12th we get our results at our schools??true??

can we get them on the internet any earlier or is it 12;oo midday on the 12th they become avainable online?

ok so we get our actual results... go out wednesday night then we have to wait until monday the 17th for the cao to mail me and tell me if iv been offered a place??
    so lets say i get offered my first choice.. how long do i have to consider my options?? and while i have been offered 1 course can i be offered another? lets say im offered my first choice can i be offered my second choice to??

and once i accept my place with whatever course is that it?

baam im done like is it??!?!:P
    help me out im a loser!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Results.. 12th
    Offers round 1.. 17th
    If you get offered something lower than your 1st choice you can only move up. Eg. If you get offered your 3rd choice, if a place comes in your 1st or second choice u will get offered that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

stesh wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get another little sheet of paper with your login/
    password for examinations.ie? I lost mine. :-(

Your school might have it on record for you,my school have ours in case we lost them :)

5 days. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

i dont really have a clue how i even sat the leaving cert cause im so slow!!
    im still really confused bout all this sh1te!:(
    ok so on the 12th we get our results at our schools??true??

can we get them on the internet any earlier or is it 12;oo midday on the 12th they become avainable online?

ok so we get our actual results... go out wednesday night then we have to wait until monday the 17th for the cao to mail me and tell me if iv been offered a place??
    so lets say i get offered my first choice.. how long do i have to consider my options?? and while i have been offered 1 course can i be offered another? lets say im offered my first choice can i be offered my second choice to??

and once i accept my place with whatever course is that it?

baam im done like is it??!?!:P
    help me out im a loser!!!!!!

Results are available from most schools at 8.30/9.00, but not available before 12 on the internet.
    Yes you have to wait until Monday morning 6.00 on the internet or until your post arrives that day for your offer. You have over a week to accept or decline, but I don't see that much point in waiting unless your really unsure. In that case I would advise dropping into your school and talking with your career guidance teacher. If you applied for both level 7/6 and 8, an you meet the requirments and points you will be offeresd a course on both sides, but can only accpet one. You will onlye be offered one course from each level in each round of offers
    Yes after you accept your place you are free officially. Completely finished. Within two to three weeks of accepting your course you should resiceve information about college and course you have accepted and details of fees, lectures, orientation week and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

Results 12th august
    Offers 17th august..
    Round One
    offers: 17th August(6am as far as i know) reply by: 25th August, 2009

you will be offered the course that your points permit:
    example

A.N other gets 450 points

level 8 courses
    level 6/7
    1st choice = 455 pts
    1st course 350
    2nd choice = 450
    2nd choice 245
    3rd choice = 390
    3rd= 225

RESULTS 12th of august
    A.N other will be offered 2nd choice for round 7/8 AND 1st choice level 6

ALL CHOICES BELOW 2ND CHOICE ARE NULL AND VOID, you wont be offered anythingBELOW your 2nd choice.
    BUT in second round offers
    Round Two offers 28th August, 2009 reply 2nd September, 2009
    if all places are not accepted by others, for your 1st choice course one by other people you can(not will) be offered a place...
    As far as i know if you dont accept your offer in round one you wont be offered one in round two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

What's it now? 4? ....Yep,4 more.

• Advertisement

AAAAAAAAAAAH I KIND OF WISH THEY WERE TODAAAAAAAAAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

this waiting is driving me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I've gone back to not caring.

There's nothing I can do at this stage, can't change anything now, so now I just don't care until Wednesday morning.

YEAY APATHY!

Before I was worried about my overall results, but last night it hit me that it's made up of all my individual results, which made me think of each of gradesin each subject. Ahhhhhhhhh why does it take so long?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Before I was worried about my overall results, but last night it hit me that it's made up of all my individual results, which made me think of each of gradesin each subject. Ahhhhhhhhh why does it take so long?! :eek:
    Thank God someone else is doing that :D
    I keep thinking about every single exam and realising what I did wrong...

Does anybody know when the chief examiner's report comes out usually?

phasers wrote: »
    Thank God someone else is doing that :D
    I keep thinking about every single exam and realising what I did wrong...

Does anybody know when the chief examiner's report comes out usually?

They don't do reports for every subject every year :(, so you have to look it up, it's usually every second year or so per subject. It also isn't released until long after the rechecks and results of remarking, so late December or early new year.
    As for the questions/marking scheme, on the SEC website after October, after all the appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Dunno why I'm still not worried.
    But I'm not.

Seriously, there's nothing we can do about it now! Too late to worry!

In other, cheerful news I bumped into an old teacher of mine who delightfully informed me that English was indeed marked considerably easier.
    So that's something of a load of some of your minds, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Ive been thinking so much about my math result I actualy for got what other subjets I did:D

Took me 5 minutes to think of them:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

:DT-3days fast approaching

Secoundrow wrote: »
    :DT-3days fast approaching

did we miss the rest of this day??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh man i wish they would annonce the date of results the day before u get them it would be a lot less stressful ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

*sighs* Not worrying but bored.

Most of my older friends are leaving Tuesday for various projects.
    So much for moral support! :mad:

It's weird to think that three numbers (at least I hope it's three) will determine my future in 3 days. Well kinda....

Anyway happy thoughts in the meantime! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

holadivaldfe, to embed the video leave out the URL and only include the video ID (the string at the end of the video, after the =), in your case it's 1Rk3GnEs9Tg, like this:

[noparse][/noparse]

Just copy and paste that and it'll work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

holadivaldfe, to embed the video leave out the URL and only include the video ID (the string at the end of the video, after the =), in your case it's 1Rk3GnEs9Tg, like this:

[noparse][/noparse]

Just copy and paste that and it'll work.

thanks jammy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Ha this is class! The countdown to results day is like the build up to Christmas Day but instead of getting a present you asked for under all that wrapping paper it's either the most amazing, totally wanted fantastical present you'll ever need or a hand written note from Santa himself saying "You're Fucked kid".:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Saul-Good wrote: »
    Ha this is class! The countdown to results day is like the build up to Christmas Day but instead of getting a present you asked for under all that wrapping paper it's either the most amazing, totally wanted fantastical present you'll ever need or a hand written note from Santa himself saying "You're Fucked kid".:pac:

Couldn have said it better by self!

3 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 44 seconds from right now...

Click to see how far away it is, to the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I can't wait for the night before. I think I'm just going to stay up all night because it'll be too difficult to sleep :pac:

Coffee FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

It's so scary. Often i'm nearly close to tears thinking of them!

I keep thinking of my individual subjects nearly more than overall points.

I hate pressure and expectations being put on me. Especially when they're mainly coming from myself. :(

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

Advertisement