Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

3:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Frankly, I was taking it all in my stride and not feeling too nervous about things till I came on this thread..... Lesson learnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

ohthebaby wrote: »
    It's so scary. Often i'm nearly close to tears thinking of them!

I keep thinking of my individual subjects nearly more than overall points.

I hate pressure and expectations being put on me. Especially when they're mainly coming from myself. :(

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

+1
    you are your own worst critic

i refuse to talk about it with my parents.....
    "where do you think you fell down"
    "there is always repeating"
    thanks parents........:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

2 days 18 hours 53mins:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

what time can we get our results? everyone i ask has a different answer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

tazbars wrote: »
    what time can we get our results? everyone i ask has a different answer!

It depends on your school. Most schools are doing it at 9 while other schools are doing it earlier or later. Your school probably told you while you were doing the Leaving Cert. Or else they had signs put up.

Online it's 12P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Larkin501 wrote: »
    It depends on your school. Most schools are doing it at 9 while other schools are doing it earlier or later. Your school probably told you while you were doing the Leaving Cert. Or else they had signs put up.
    My school never tells students, it's ridiculous. You turn up at 9 and they may or may not be ready, depending on whether the principal has turned up yet.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

3 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 44 seconds from right now...

Click to see how far away it is, to the second.

That website solves maths problems like integration and differentiaton :eek:

Why did I not find out that site before the leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

phasers wrote: »
    My school never tells students, it's ridiculous. You turn up at 9 and they may or may not be ready, depending on whether the principal has turned up yet.

:/

same we werent told either?! it should be the same everywhere

Larkin501 wrote: »
    That website solves maths problems like integration and differentiaton :eek:

Why did I not find out that site before the leaving cert?

Yah, it's an amazing website. It'll compute pretty much anything that you can throw at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The school didn't really tell us when to turn up, we all presume it's 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Mine's at half 10. So nervous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Ohhhhh getting slightly worried now :(
    I've been one of the calm rational types up to this point, didnt see the point in worrying, but these last few days its really startin to hit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

i know the feeling! i actually thought i was kind of nervous about it a week ago but it seems i had completely forgotten what nerves are. since last night my heart actually pounds at the thought of getting my results and i keep imagining how horrible it will be to hold the envelope. i have honestly never been so nervous about anything and it only started last night. hmmmmm...... maybe i should get very drunk the night before. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

hmmmmm...... maybe i should get very drunk the night before. ;)

I'll think ill join you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo worried! I need really high points and I am certain that my mock results were a lot better.

I don't know what to do.... everyone(including me...) has such high expectations for me but I know I'm just going to disappoint everyone :(

....... please let August 12th 2009 go my way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

they are posted out to us from my school (presumably posted to us by dept of ed)or sec? anyway that means ive gotta wait for the postman which will be around lunch time, lost my pin so cant go online:confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Ours is any time after 8.45, they never officially tell us, but it has been the same for years. I plan on being there for 9, and even so during the junior cert, I was one of the last even though I arrived at 9.
    Have got the next two days planned out and packed full of fun to keep me as busy and occupied as possible :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Guess what!!

candle2.jpg days left! :D

EDIT: Yusssssss.....not a victim of the evil inaccurate boards clock :D

Guess what!!

candle2.jpg days left! :D

EDIT: Yusssssss.....not a victim of the evil inaccurate boards clock :D
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

absolutely sh*tting it!!

my wave of positive thinking has vanished!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I just want my friends to do well.

I put as much work in as I could have, I don't think I could've given the exams a better shot. I'm just hoping to leave the school in a happy group.

Anyway I may miss out on being on boards over the next few days.
    Best of luck everyone!

^ same to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

"Expect the worst and hope for the best!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Am I the only one who is thinking past the results and is looking forward to going out afterwards? Come on I can't be...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Saul-Good wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is thinking past the results and is looking forward to going out afterwards? Come on I can't be...
    Dont think so!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055640964

:D

Terribly sorry let me rephrase that.

Am I the only one who is thinking more about going out afterwards than actually getting the results? At this point I think of them more of an annoyance in my mourning routine(That's because I've been getting up at 12 or 1 in the afternoon sharp for the past 4 weeks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Saul-Good wrote: »
    At this point I think of them more of an annoyance in my mourning routine

:eek:
    Wow! .....

If only I could be that relaxed about the results that will shape my whole entire life... (cue music building up suspense and terror simultaneously lol)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

*butterflies*

hmmm, what time is the results coming out? 9am is it ?

:eek:
    Wow! .....

If only I could be that relaxed about the results that will shape my whole entire life... (cue music building up suspense and terror simultaneously lol)!!

Well it's more apathy than relaxation, it's almost worrying. Haha irony!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 debz_x

Though I didn't bother my arse even trying to study,
    I'm now sick with worry..
    To the extent where it's 5:30am and I can't sleep :|
    But hey, in the wise words of Lady Macbeth.. "what's done is done" :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Advertisement