Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deos anyone know If you can copy/ clone a Windows disc?

• 14-07-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Ok I my pc gotted scewed up from me deleting files but thats another story,

I had to reinstall everything, I have a windows office XP proffessional disc with the key code is it possible to copy this disc or allowed?

(Not sure as i do not have to original, mine is a copy on a normal rw disc)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What matters is if you have a LICENSE

key code is not a license , unless it's on the Green Certificate of Authentication

OEM Licenses are not transferrable, so with Windows OEM you can only use the license sticker on the side of the machine. Transferrable windows licenses require that you remove windows from machine A so you can install on machine B

OFFICE is a totally separate product , again OEM is not transferrrable, you can download |a trial version or use open office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Strange question, I guess you actually mean is it possible to install the software a second time?

If the first install is screwed then there is no reason why you can't install the software a second time but if its genuine legal software you will probably find when you come to activate it you need to call M$ and explain whats happend but thats no big issue and the number you need to call will be on one of the activation screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

The disc is irrelevant. As above, all you need is a valid license.

Microsoft are fine with people making their own installation discs and have instructions on their website for making updated Windows installation discs burned at home (Slipstreaming). It still needs a valid and current license though, so read up on what sort of one you have (e.g., OEM, Retail, etc., ).

Advertisement