Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband and digital tv in claregalway

Options
  • 14-07-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Heya,

Planning to move to claregalway in next few months...as far as I can tell the local exchange is upgraded for broadband, but curious to know if the likes of Digiweb etc is also available?
    Also, does NTL digital extend out that far, and is it by cable or via an MMDS aerial?

Thanks!
    Lamps

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Some parts have airwire or digiweb metro or ibb or airspeed which are wireless , no cable only mmds , big exchange area and therefore really crap/no dsl coverage in parts . if you can see the top half of the eircom mervue mast you should be grand .

Mobile data a complete joke in many if not most cases .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

All available, NTL depending on line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

cheers lads, much appreciated :)
    It'll be within about 500m of the church (I think thats where the exchange is?) so hopefully ok...unlikely I'd get line of site to Mervue from there, but hopefully proximity to the exchange will do the trick

Thanks,
    lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Yep, NTL for TV works fine - not sure about their internet, didn't work when I got my internet a year ago - I'm with Imagine, and the antenna on the roof...
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement