Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I thought Cahill would collapse!!!

• 14-07-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

jaysus!

Listening to Sportscall @1830 Tuesday Cahill has Bomber Liston, Mick Galwey and Moss Keane on.

Though the guy would collapse with all the deep sucking in of breath and "de fellas" shooting the breeze talking about golf classics and stuff, right up Cahill's alley .Dere was fellas everywhere with Cahill hrrrrrummmmphing and snoooorting over a few jokes Moss obviously worked on the after dinner circuit in the last century.

Delighted some "fella" took the guy to task on the Carlos Teves issue and Cahill's usual cheap shot at anything to do with MU.

RTE should seriously take a look at that lad,in my opinion as he annoys me intensely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

His wheezing seems to have got worse lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

And the stutter-step delivery while the cogs in the head whirr for a "witty" reply.

God almighty RTE have loads of young talent around the sports area and they keep wheelin this guy out.

Nothing personal against him but time to drop the anti MU stuff at THIS late stage even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Can't stand him. If I spool through the channels and hear his voice, I change immediatley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Look...the guy has patently failed to move with the times..however,big problem is that the auld ones an boggers love him an fail to see through his long outdated style.

Even the folks mentioned by the OP - Galwey/Keane/Liston...way past any sell by date an very little to offer to any forward thinking radio prog.

Grow some balls Cahill an quit being everyones friend.

Indeed Fulton, you have some relevant observations there.

I used to enjoy The Sunday Game when even Spillane was presenting.

Can't stomach Cahill and haven't watched it in yonks.

Sorry for straying a little ot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The problem with Cahill is he has become too cosy. His shows are more of a love in then a credible piece of sports broadcasting.

Exactly, all you have to do is mention a golf classic,"Trapps Army "going to games and maxing out the credit cards and ringing the boss for extra time off and he loses the run of himself.

breaks into the "rooih" "snooooorttth" "hrrrrrrumppphphph" mode and tries to look like the "insider".

"Oi cud tell de wun about de fellas in de kloob in Amsterdam...heh heh heh." sniigggggggghrrrr.

car crash stuff,needs a makeover rapido.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I heard this too, the very worst kind of tedious 'blokiness'

exactly.

Advertisement