Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guys and girls driving around patrick street at night..

Options
  • 14-07-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

whats up with all these boy/girl racers who drive around patrick street for hours on end..??

whats the attraction of this nocturnal activity and the purpose of it??

anyone here actually do this and why???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They are sponsored by the big oil companies to make it look cool to waste petrol and drive round and round

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Dont knock it till ya tried it :P
    It's a big Anti Green Party protest in disguise...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Ah I think its something alot of ppl do when they get there first car.

I know I did it when I was 17 - suppose nothing better to do really and well I did have a car :p

Also though I liked trying to figure out town driving at night when there were less cars about to make me nervous and head to drive through mcdonalds in blackpool/douglas after with friends.

It's a novelty with most young ppl which wears off 6 months or so.

(Obviously wouldn't be still doing it now or anything :o)

Novelty???
    I never got bored of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i blame the parents, honda, insurance companys, the guards, the romans for inventing roads, the fast and furious trilogies, oh and the government and the church!
    seriously- ya only take notice of the naff crap they've got stuck on their cars- theres traffic on patrick street 24/7!!! and most other central streets....
    VVVVVVVROOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Novelty???
    I never got bored of it :D

Fcukin SKOBY!!!! :D

I hate these guys really though, they also have drag races from the Custom House up Merchants Quay at 1 in the morning and think they are fantastic in their "tricked out" Festy's. Basically a few blue lights is enough to look class.

I enjoy seeing them pulled over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Whats their alternative, go on the Internet and engage in discussion like this??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

turgon wrote: »
    Whats their alternative, go on the Internet and engage in discussion like this??

Learn how to drive without shifting gears every 20 feet is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

hey , we are going to Jurys hotel Cork City this weekend ......................

Is there anything else we need to look out for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i remember being in town with a friend and we were slightly drunk and heading for food on patrick street when all this was going on so we stopped and started talking to a group of about 7 girls in the one car asking them why they spent their nights on pana driving in circles then stopping and heading off again. well lets just say they weren't very nice about being asked this and got fairly angry at the fact that we wanted to know. so we started pointing out the fact of how sad it is that they waste their money on petrol driving in circles for hours at this point they jumped in the car and drove off leaving us none the wiser as to why they do this so... i guess thats why im asking here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

It's a good question. They also park up in the MacyDees in Douglas.
    They just sit there.
    I guess it's a harmless enough hobby or something. But what pisses me off is the bastards racing at 2/3 am with no exhausts.
    Why not save all the money you put into souping up ur starlet and go out and buy a nice 2 or 3 year old audi or something? That would be far more impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

You'd think this only happens in cork by the sounds of it!i don't see any problem,its not like their trying to mow you down or being drunken tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

it sounds like Mondello around my place between 11pm and 4am!

The act of lads meeting up and admiring each others body kits and exhausts kinda seems very gay if you ask me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

it sounds like Mondello around my place between 11pm and 4am!

The act of lads meeting up and admiring each others body kits and exhausts kinda seems very gay if you ask me:rolleyes:

Combine that with the lads who wear earrings and necklaces chains and tuck their socks into their tracksuit bottoms, and you can be sure a c*ckfest is not far away :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i love driving down patrick street and washington street at night with the window down and watching all the drunk ppl stumbling out of pubs n clubs falling over themselves and doing stupid ****. don't drive a boi racer car though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

towel401 wrote: »
    i love driving down patrick street and washington street at night with the window down and watching all the drunk ppl stumbling out of pubs n clubs falling over themselves and doing stupid ****. don't drive a boi racer car though

082608_travis_bickle.jpg?w=450&h=281

Do you not have anything you are proud of?

You'd think this only happens in cork by the sounds of it!i don't see any problem,its not like their trying to mow you down or being drunken tards.

i never said there was anything wrong with it im just wondering why they do it and what the attraction of it is just seems like a waste of time to me but maybe i just dont get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Well you say you approached a group of girls about it,maybe you came across as a bit patronising. People have interests in cameras,trains,stamps,drink,football,shoes. Im sure you like football,i don't understand why people like watching pansies ballet around a pitch with a ball but i accept that people like it,none of my business. Have a nice day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

i don't understand why people like watching pansies ballet around a pitch with a ball

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Do you not have anything you are proud of?

plenty, but that's the thing, I'm proud of it and happy in myself with that feeling. I don't crave the adulation from others.

If they are really proud of their 'car' then why don't they go to an official car event for mods etc instead of just parading up and down the streets at night? I know why, because the majority of the cars would be laughed at if they went to an official car.

I'd say plenty of them go to the modified car shows.
    Trouble is that they are only on once or twice a year in each area
    Just check out the one on this weekend in rathcormac, I'd bet half of the lads will have their cars there

http://www.modifiedmotorslive.ie/index.php/event-listings/details/2-modified-motors-live-cork-2009 :D

I was at a show like this in Cavan a few weeks back and the cars on pana would have put some of the "entrants" to shame.

Well you say you approached a group of girls about it,maybe you came across as a bit patronising. People have interests in cameras,trains,stamps,drink,football,shoes. Im sure you like football,i don't understand why people like watching pansies ballet around a pitch with a ball but i accept that people like it,none of my business. Have a nice day :)

dont like football at all actually.. lol:D

Advertisement