Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you learn how to sing?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Didn't know where to put this but basically I've been playing guitar for years and would love to get out there and play some gigs but I can't sing at all. I do mostly acoustic stuff and can hold a basic tune but my range is awful I can never hit any high notes. And being a girl, this is bad!

Anyway, I know people get singing lessons to improve their control over their voice but these people usually have basic ability to start with. So is it worth getting singing lessons if I'm useless to begin with?

Random thread sorry...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

The way i understand it, if you have any kind of voice, lessons will help you.
    If your taught correctly you can sing higher than you've done before and lower too. A mate of mine got some lessons a couple of years back. He got elecution lessons first and then started on the breathing techniques. It helped him no end. Some difference. Would like to get it done myself. Gotta give up the fags first
    Anyways i say go for it and good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You can get vocal lessons.. can do excercises to widen your vocal range and how to sing properly. Can take a year or two for a noticable improvement.

Advertisement