Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does this reply from repair shop mean

• 14-07-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Have just checked the status of a repair on mprc and the comment is

"UNIT RETURNED UNREPAIRED. BOARD WARPED"

What does that mean and how would it happen?

I sold this unwanted upgrade to a colleague about a month ago. It was working fine when he got it. He claims it suddenly stopped and wanted me to repair it for him. So I sent it off for repair and just checked the imei status on the website. I'll now have to tell him it can't be done and would like possible reasons why it happened.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

the pcb is warped. probably got left too close to a radiator or something

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ould.crock

Is it possible it got wet and the user was trying to dry it out?

yes. if it got wet it might have warped drying out naturally

This is a Nokia 5800 XM. Would it be viable to replace the pcb?

Occasionally you see phones on ebay that wont work in the UK going cheap. Could the warped pcb be replaced by a second hand one?

Thankss

there's a few different boards in the phone, usually a main one, one with the camera and one with the keys. Probably cheap enough to replace the keypad one or the camera one, don't know about the main one, it has the cpu and everything on it. If you got a new one you'd get a new imei too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

he could have sat on it when it was in his back pocket, he'll flip out when you say it to him but it's not your fault..

This is the image of the warp so it looks like the main pcb

Advertisement