Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8GB iPHONE 3G-Barred???

• 14-07-2009 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

hey guys, appreciate any help on this

Lost my iphone couple wkds ago but have got a new one from 02 since..however the old phone has being retreived and while i know its barred by o2 when i reported it lost/stolen, i was wondering does that rule it out of every network in ireland that it works on??

would it work it a different country by any chance as my bro would use it over in UK if so appreciate any feedback from any1..cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I think you can phone them up and ask them to un-bar it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

From experience, they are messy to whitelist.

It may also have implications if you received the replacement through an insurance claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Just out of curiosity does it still fully function as an i pod touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It will work in England if its unlocked but it wont work in Ireland, it will only work here if it was whitelisted but if you claimed under your insurance they wont white list the handset as you were already given a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you purchase the new one or get it through an insurance claim?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement