Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate Your Solicitor.com

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Rate-your-solicitor.com website is back up!

It's a little different though........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

mrs vimes wrote: »
    Rate-your-solicitor.com website is back up!

It's a little different though........

very odd site i cant search for any solicitor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

If Mr Davis from the Justice Perrin trial here didn't wish to pursue this case due to ill health or for whatever reason (he is in his 80's and as such is vulnerable) and revealed the details of his plight in rate-my-solicitor.com would he be regarded as a crank and a conspirator agin the legal profession?

Which begs the questions what is the best forum for the ordinary punter to assess solicitors services when making the initial choice of a legal representative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

finisklin wrote: »
    If Mr Davis from the Justice Perrin trial here didn't wish to pursue this case due to ill health or for whatever reason (he is in his 80's and as such is vulnerable) and revealed the details of his plight in rate-my-solicitor.com would he be regarded as a crank and a conspirator agin the legal profession?

Which begs the questions what is the best forum for the ordinary punter to assess solicitors services when making the initial choice of a legal representative?

Perrin is a District Court Judge I believe so would be Judge Perrin. Given she is a judge she wouldn't be in a position to provide legal advice so a rating of her seems redundant.

If he did not wish to pursue his case through the courts then there would have been no determination of guilt and therefore nothing to write about. Or are you advocating wild accusations being thrown around willy-nilly?

Perrin is a District Court Judge I believe so would be Judge Perrin. Given she is a judge she wouldn't be in a position to provide legal advice so a rating of her seems redundant.

If he did not wish to pursue his case through the courts then there would have been no determination of guilt and therefore nothing to write about. Or are you advocating wild accusations being thrown around willy-nilly?

MMMMMM.....so on that basis other potential customers of the former solicitor Perrin would have been in a position to receive an impartial and fair service, as Mr Davis has? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

MMMMMM.....so on that basis other potential customers of the former solicitor Perrin would have been in a position to receive an impartial and fair service, as Mr Davis has? :rolleyes:

I don't get how anyone would be a 'potential customer' of a district court judge - unless you're drunkenly sick on a garda's shoes...

I don't get how anyone would be a 'potential customer' of a district court judge - unless you're drunkenly sick on a garda's shoes...

Crikey I didn't realise district court judges provided legal advice on wills etc. Perhaps she didn't qualify as a solicitor in the first instance?:cool:

Crikey I didn't realise district court judges provided legal advice on wills etc. Perhaps she didn't qualify as a solicitor in the first instance?:cool:

Oh I see so actually what you're trying to do is use this to drag up an ancient argument done to death already? :rolleyes:;):eek::o:confused::cool::pac::D;):p:p:mad::(:rolleyes:

Oh I see so actually what you're trying to do is use this to drag up an ancient argument done to death already? :rolleyes:;):eek::o:confused::cool::pac::D;):p:p:mad::(:rolleyes:

Customers do value service given that they are paying for it........plus the question asked is still unanswered - how does the ordinary punter assess a solicitors service?

Customers do value service given that they are paying for it........plus the question asked is still unanswered - how does the ordinary punter assess a solicitors service?

How do you asses your doctor, plumber, electrician, tinker, tailor, candlestick maker?

Would having a website full of at best anecdotal stories which are likely to be highly subjective, and at worse defamatory non-sense help?

• Advertisement

How do you asses your doctor, plumber, electrician, tinker, tailor, candlestick maker?

Would having a website full of at best anecdotal stories which are likely to be highly subjective, and at worse defamatory non-sense help?

I find boards.ie, trip advisor, ask about money, elance etc invaluable for a steer......and if Mr Davis decided not to pursue his case then revealing his experience on rate my solicitor would be anecdotal. However, it would have indicated that Mrs Perrin may not be suitable to draw up your will, at that point in time.

I guess all solicitors offer great service, are honest and forth right until proven other wise. :):)

MMMMM maybe Mr davis disagrees.....

I find boards.ie, trip advisor, ask about money, elance etc invaluable for a steer......and if Mr Davis decided not to pursue his case then revealing his experience on rate my solicitor would be anecdotal. However, it would have indicated that Mrs Perrin may not be suitable to draw up your will, at that point in time.

I guess all solicitors offer great service, are honest and forth right until proven other wise. :):)

MMMMM maybe Mr davis disagrees.....

Boards.ie legal discussions forums is heavily moderated and needs to be, still if you want recommendations on solicitors it can be sought - you post - the post is locked and PMs sent.

Trip advisor generally doesn't give legal advice but I find it quite useful for holiday planning. Although one need to be aware of the various criticisms levelled at it for it's moderation. Further it deals with a fairly simple subject matter.

I'm quite glad that Mr. Davis chose to pursue this and a corrupt individual was convicted and lambasted in the media rather than some rant on a website with no reputation. Thank goodness no such site exists and this person was brought to justice.

As for people providing a good service until proven otherwise - sounds a bit like innocent until proven guilty; a system that is wholly unsatisfactory - bringing the innocent to court is surely unfair? I mean both sides get heard and everything its sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

First off it was not Mr Davis who took the case it was the DPP and that was because of the actions of the solicitor who took over her papers and the Guards who interviewed her after Mr Davis was alerted to the fact.

The solicitors in question in my mind deserves cudios as they must have been under enormous pressure to cover it up.

Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Show links to where you say Irish professional and trade services have been assessed.

Advertisement