Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows xp, microsoft 2003. administrator problems

Options
  • 14-07-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I am the administrator to my windows xp home computer. windows 2003. When I try and save a word document to a blank disc it tells me I do not have permission to save to D:/ I must get permission from the administrator. Which I am and am logged on as. I have gone into accounts in control panel and this does not give me options. I can save to the computer. It is just to a Disc. It is not the discs I have tried CD W and CD RW. I have been able to save from my pictures. It is just from word documents that the problem exists.

Error message: You do not have access to the folder ‘D:\’. See administrator for access to this folder.

thanks for any help in this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

You need to burn to the CD afaik. I know its a simple question but I've never actually tried it this way :)

Just save the the Desktop/other location and then burn the the CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sparklingangel

I saved my word file to desktop and tried saving it onto the CD. Same error message came up. Perhaps I took you up wrong in your instructions. I need it in basic language as I not very technical. Thanks for relplying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

dont save the file to cd, burn the file to the cd

How do you do that. I only know how to do that in media player. I tried dragging but from file to CD window but that didnt work either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

right click on the file to burn -send to -(your cd burner)
    see attached image

• Advertisement

Yeah Yippee this worked thank you so much .... Your a gem... Thanks to all of you. Happy now.:p

Advertisement