Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given womens sunglasses instead of male

Options
  • 14-07-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

So I picked up my pair of designer prescription sunglasses from vision express today...

The problem I have is that when I searched the model number/name on Google. They came up as womens glasses (I am male).

They do not look girly from a distance, only close up there is a floral pattern on the sidebars. I remember asking them specifically at the time were they womens glasses, they said no. I'm a little annoyed, its not the end of the world, I will cope(!) but would anyone advise going back and has anyone had similar experiences?

I've always found vision express good but hmmm they should not have said they were not female (they actually said unisex)

I'm undecided about going back really, am sorta looking at them here now wondering will anyone notice!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

So I picked up my pair of designer prescription sunglasses from vision express today...

The problem I have is that when I searched the model number/name on Google. They came up as womens glasses (I am male).

They do not look girly from a distance, only close up there is a floral pattern on the sidebars. I remember asking them specifically at the time were they womens glasses, they said no. I'm a little annoyed, its not the end of the world, I will cope(!) but would anyone advise going back and has anyone had similar experiences?

I've always found vision express good but hmmm they should not have said they were not female (they actually said unisex)

I'm undecided about going back really, am sorta looking at them here now wondering will anyone notice!!

Uggghhhh.... ???????

I don't get it, is it that they say they're female glasses or you thing they're female glasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

They come up on the website clearly as womens glasses, the shop told me they were unisex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Who gives a flying ****? You obviously liked them otherwise you wouldn't have bought them, so what does it matter now?

Don't worry bigjohnny, I'm sure your manhood is still intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

They looked alright when ye bought them, I don't know where ye stand in terms of being able to bring them back but why bother. They didn't look girly when ye were holding them and the person ye asked didn't think they look girly so your grand, noones going to notice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'd suggest a visit to the doctor. You may be a homosexual, but I hear they can treat it these days.

• Advertisement

Ha ha to all the replies!!!

Cheers I think that bit of reassurance from you folks is grand...

Its just you spend a lot of money on them and I probably should have noticed at the time but hey as ye said no one has noticed except for me! Bit of paranoia probably from me...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just try and avoid wearing it around friends and family or you'll never hear the end of it since you said it has florals.

What brand was it btw?

Ted Baker

The florals are only noticable very close up... maybe at 2 foot you'd spot them, they are only a very slightly different shade to the frame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

pics:confused:

jaffa20 wrote: »
    pics:confused:

Good call

http://www.endless.com/Ted-Baker-Womens-Diamond-Sunglasses/dp/B002BDV0TO

I will black out the 'diamonte' or whatever its called

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Good call

this pair are more manly, i would bring back those other womens glasses and get these!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You picked them and were happy with them, whats the problem?

You can't blame others for your choices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Whats wrong with that bit of floral?

The irony, they are black in colour with a hard to see from a distance squiggle on them and a man's name plastered all over on them, they look more manly than 'girly'.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

gurramok wrote: »
    Whats wrong with that bit of floral?

The irony, they are black in colour with a hard to see from a distance squiggle on them and a man's name plastered all over on them, they look more manly than 'girly'.

I think that they could be for male or female hippies, with the flowers and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

They have diamonte and flowers on them. Id bring them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The diamanté is a bit much, but Ted Baker stuff often has semi-floral designs on it, even for men, so it's in keeping with the brand style.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I probably should have noticed at the time
    Ye didn't notice you were wearing womens shades? It's possible that you're gay :P Just kidding. If you don't like them, bring them back, citing you didn't see the flowers on them, and would like to get a non-flowery pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its just you spend a lot of money on them and I probably should have noticed at the time but hey as ye said no one has noticed except for me!
    Thats what my mate said after an unfortunate incident in Thailand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just pull the diamonds off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Print out the page that says they are women's glasses, bring it into Specsavers, and ask why they sold them as unisex. See what they say.

The other side of that is, if you were happy with the frames when you tried them on and picked them, then why are you unhappy now?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

jor el wrote: »
    The other side of that is, if you were happy with the frames when you tried them on and picked them, then why are you unhappy now?

He couldn't see until he got his prescription lenses ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

Good call

Honestly from looking at those glasses, I would say are most definitely are women only especially with the diamanté & the flowers at the sides. I think you should take them back. You did spend a lot of money on them. Print out that page and say you didn't notice the diamanté & the flowers in the shop. Don't try to write over the flowers with a black marker or anything like that! It you do that, and they look sh1te afterwards, you wouldn't be able to bring them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You could argue 'not fit for purpose intended' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

i thinks they are way to girly........whats the point in damaging them,by trying to remove the diamonte, like you said you paid alot for them.......go back and just see what they say about returning them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement