Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picture Quality

• 14-07-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

How can I make my pictures appear more smoother. I took this picture
    P1010533.jpg

Which seems a bit blocky to me but I used a low iso for it and when i compare it to this:
    b2.jpg
    its no where near as smooth or crisp looking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭tigerforest

Oh and im not too sure if this helps explain things but these settings were attached to the photo.

Focal Length: 72mm
    F-number F/2.8
    Exposure time 1/50sec
    iso - iso- 100
    metering mode - pattern
    exposure program - normal
    exposure compensation - 0 step.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the second is focused a bit bette with alot more dof, what setting was your camera on for first one?

what's dof?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

dof - depth of field.

Hand held at 1/50th is liable to give camera shake too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Dept of Field (in lay mans terms, the difference between whats in focus & whats out of focus, ie. blurred). If you are using a lens that you can adjust the focus, and you are using a big aperture, like F2.8 above, (yes big aperture means small F number!) then you can focus in on different things in front of you, giving dept to your pics !
    I like the 2nd pic, but the 1st is........meh, nothing to see, except grass !

• Advertisement

Second picture isn't mine someone posted their gallery here earlier and i just thought it was a good example of what i wanted to achieve. Trying to learn the different settings but there are just so many of them to try and balance when starting out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Do think the picture could be brightened a bit, with a bit more contrast,

If the resolution of the picture is high enough you could also cut at least a third off the right side of the photo and some of the grass area

Do like the photo

Colour balance seems a bit red-ish could be adjusted a bit

An bit more sharpness could also be added (with unsharpen mask)

Advertisement