Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cake decorators

Options
  • 14-07-2009 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i love baking and decorating cakes and i just wonna learn more,am looking for somewhere i can pass time a few hours per week with no pay,anyone with an idea?i'll appreciate.sorry,in co.louth or co.meath.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'll move this to the Cake & Pie forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

As a cake decorator I would say that the best option for you would be to stay at home practicing your skills to perfection(the more you practice, the better, everything has to be perfect). The nearest decent sugarcraft college would be in the UK (I am not sure about "no pay", though :) ). But good luck, anyway. If there is a will there is a way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My wife started with night classes in a local secondary school so that could be an option for you.
    The night classes will be advertised next month afaik, so keep an eye on this website: www.nightcourses.com
    There are plenty of Irish users on the British sugarcraft guild web forum (http://bsguk.org/forum/index.php) so maybe get chatting there and you might find if there is something more local.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

Are you wanting to do a course or are you wanting to be able to work in a bakery/resturaunt (without pay) to learn more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭tscul32

DIT in Kevin St has the National Bakery School in the basement. I've done part time evening courses there in Cake, Bread, Pastry/Snacks. You get to spend 4 hours a week just making tons of cakes, christmas cake to be made and decorated too. They're not that cheap but well worth it IMO.

http://www.dit.ie/study/parttime/programmes/dt418pprofessionalbaking-cake1/

• Advertisement
Advertisement