Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadbank packages

Options
  • 14-07-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im currently on NTL 3mb broadband package which gives monthly limit of 20mb.

Whats the best way to keep track of my usage per month and if you go over the 20mb do NTL actually bill you for the extra

I know they can but do they actually?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The cap is 20GB, not 20mb.

I don't think NTL can charge you for going over the cap, but they can disconnect you.

NTL (UPC) will normally send you one or two warning letters before doing anything and usually give you the option to upgrade to a more expensive product with a higher cap.

Unless you've received a warning letter, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

NTL broadbank?

Awesome! Now they've launched their own bank.. They are way ahead of sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

do a google for du meter or bitmeter, these programs monitor your download and upload and they are for free. hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

do a google for du meter or bitmeter, these programs monitor your download and upload and they are for free. hth.
    that's fine if you only have one PC, but if you use multiple PC's and/or games consoles or stuff like that you'll need a router with monitoring features built in.

some newer routers may have this feature, but generally, a good router with a 3rd party firmware like ddwrt or tomato will do the job nicely.

Advertisement