Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No repeats this year...

• 14-07-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

For the first time since first year, I've got no exams to repeat in August. My horrible attitude toward college meant that late August has been an unpleasant time for the last few years. I repeated a module by link in last year, so I've learnt my lesson. So, to conclude, don't be lazy or spend too much time playing video games!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Hey.... you can never spend too much time playing video games or partying in college :D

Congrats anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Hey now, don't rag on the game playing time.
    You can still do your work and spend too much time playing games. It's things like food and exercise that may be minimised :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

What exactly is this link-in stuff I keep hearing about? I've two to repeat in August :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

A link-in is where you don't progress to the next year of your course but instead do a single (or perhaps two) modules during the academic year. People tend to take the option where they're a module deficient and because it's cheaper to do that it that way compared with repeating the entire year if they're offered the option.

For some inexplicable reason those modules are capped to a C3 like a regular repeat. Don't ask the college why, the top heads are broadly in favour of uncapping them but are taking their sweet time in case the rapture comes first. Or something. As you may be aware, other colleges don't cap them.

Short answer: A link-in is one module taken in the regular academic year instead of progressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

sceptre wrote: »
    Short answer: A link-in is one module taken in the regular academic year instead of progressing.

I thought a link-in allowed you to progress to the next year, but you had to take the module you failed as an extra one, and it was capped at a C3?

Best avoided in either case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

My link-in was one module for the year, I haven't heard of anyone taking it as a extra. For the record, it was Public Policy Process I did...three times. It's not even that difficult, just dull. Still, managed it in the end!

Advertisement