Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned from the Radio

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

How has Lil Wayne not come up yet? The man's had a talent lobotomy and he's swallowed an effing autotune which cant be turned off!

And he needs to pull up his f*cking trousers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

tuxy wrote: »
    Was most of this thread just arguing with a 14 year old about music?

i'm fairly sure it was one giant troll, and a most enjoyable one at that

but if not...for shame

PUSSY CAT DOLLS and AKON have to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Paolo Nuttini

Sounds like he should be spread on toast!

And everyone from the North called Duke.

Get rid of Queen off the radio, god i HATE that band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Dublin radio station Q102 should be permanently banned as well. It's the most half-assed radio station I have ever listened to:mad:

Oh I'd say they're pretty much a full a*se

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That Dizzee chap, what a retard

+1 what an annoying little f*ck...

As for the Killers I'll have to disagree with you OP. I love them, All These Things I've Done has to be one of the best songs I've ever heard.. Don't see how anyone can call them sh1te tbh..

xzanti wrote: »
    +1 what an annoying little f*ck...

As for the Killers I'll have to disagree with you OP. I love them, All These Things I've Done has to be one of the best songs I've ever heard.. Don't see how anyone can call them sh1te tbh..

I've got soul but i'm not a soldier=utter sh1te!!!

I've got lemon but i'm not lemonade

Ive got banana but i'm not bananarama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I have to agree, the Killers have gotton away with manslaughter with their weak melodies, kindergarten lyrics, and dated keyboard/synth... American glam/punk/pop.... they obviously have big money behind them somewhere.

"Don’t you wanna feel my bones on your bones? It’s only natural"

How can anyone claim to be a fan of a band who are capable of these lyrics.... almost as cringe-worthy as when the Sweedish pop factory wrote and translated a song for Brian McFadden and one of the lines went

"...And we'll invite the family round, And drink some english tea, Then I raise up my finger and watch football on tv"

I listen to online radio... SOMA fm is good (it will appear as 'Groove Salad' when you open this link)
    http://www.shoutcast.com/shoutcast_player?stationid=6687&Genre=Ambient&ContentFlag=1&isCallInternal=YES&related=no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

July-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly....ah, piss off ya ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Ishmael wrote: »

+1 dreadful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ishmael wrote: »

You should hear the new song, august. :mad:

More cheeky girls tunes on the radio i say!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Black eyed peas. how have they managed to launch 2 absolutely **** songs in a row that made it to radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can we not ban The Script? I can't turn on a radio without hearing one of their songs these days. Grrr. Fair enough they're Irish but come on!!!!! Enough is enough. At least play some decent Irish music on the radio. *cough* Thin Lizzy *cough*. Much better than that tripe any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They borrowed it from Hunter S.Thompson.

Brandon Flowers claimed to have but I have yet to find any quote from Thompson using those words.

I run this website - http://totallygonzo.org and in our forum nobody can track that quote from Thompson either.

I'd say more likely Flowers is full of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I have to agree, the Killers
    How can anyone claim to be a fan of a band who are capable of these lyrics....

Oh how we all bow down to your vastly superior lyric writing. Tell me, what stadiums have you played in this year? Also name me one master piece that I would have heard on the radio written by you?

I'm a fan of the killers yes. I like their music. That said my head isn't so far up my own ass that I'll slaughter the lyric writing when in fact I've never written a song in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Do not judge talent by one's popularity young padawan. 95% of the population are tone deaf lemmings.

I pretty much gave up on music a long time ago. Sure there are some good bands out there these days but you have to wade through a pit of filth to find them.

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

RonMexico wrote: »
    95% of the population are tone deaf lemmings.

This is 94% wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Morrissey !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

naasface wrote: »
    Bruce 'the boss' Springsteen
    I really think its about time we got a "No Thanks" button here.

I'd kick Gerry Ryan out, what a tw*t! None too fond of D'Arsey anymore either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Actually the lyrics are: "Are we human, or are we DENSER"

I'm sorry. I probably did'nt hear it right because my ears tend to fill with blood when that song comes on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Lady GaGa & Duffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Bob Marley...useless sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Also they unleashed "Are we human or are we dancers" on us which is up there among the greatest crimes of humanity like genocide.
    Actually I think you'll find the line is "Are we human or are we dancer". No plural, singular. If you listen to the lyrics you might understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

neyo, usher, timberlake aka jacko wannabes.you'll never be as good lads so give it a rest!

james morrison-cant stand the prick!

i would include chris brown but thanks to him that umbrella waving whore is havin a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Tiesto

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

kenmc wrote: »
    Actually I think you'll find the line is "Are we human or are we dancer". No plural, singular. If you listen to the lyrics you might understand it.

Actually, its Denser

http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/killers-lyrics/human-lyrics.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

They aren't on Radio much these days but i would still ban The Corrs...complete rubbish..
    That Lady GaGa is pointless as well.....get rid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Colm and JimJim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

All pop music with the exception of a select few songs, and all dance music with the exception of an even selecter group of songs...

And also, lol at people trying to convert that Neyo fan with songs from the last 2 KOL albums:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

dannym08 wrote: »
    ok i'll stand corrected but how the hell does that make any sense tho...

are we human, or are we dancer(s)

surely you can be a human AND a dancer
    Tsk, did it ever occur to you that maybe you're just not perceptive enough to comprehend such deep, meaningful words?

Then again, maybe it doesn't make any sense!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Banned from the radio?
    Spin needs to be banned from the radio. Or raided with phone calls requesting "Chessboxin'" by Wu Tang clan or "Brooklyn Zoo" by ODB.

Or "Overkill" by Men at work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

yerayeah wrote: »
    Tsk, did it ever occur to you that maybe you're just not perceptive enough to comprehend such deep, meaningful words?

that must be it....stupid me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Thats a reference to a Hunter S.Thompson quote when he said something along the lines of "America's raising a generation of Dancers" ....That said,Thompson was prone to tripping balls on drugs! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

the ting tings.

seriously, who actually likes that shite? If you do, please drop by my lab, I'd like to abort you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I love the way everyone bad mouthing the Killers is all in reference to the lyrics. Someone even said bands of new times are crap.

So lets look at what wonderful masterpieces there are from legends of the scene.

If i was a sculptor, but then again, no - Elton John
    We all live in a yellow submarine - The Beetles (how off their faces were they?)
    There's an insect in your ear, if you scratch it it wont disappear - U2
    Leaving was never my proud - R.E.M
    There were plants and birds and rocks and things - America

Pure class them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'm sorry. I probably did'nt hear it right because my ears tend to fill with blood when that song comes on the radio.
    that, and the fact that it is dancers, and not denser.

wiki talks

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Metro station makes me cry :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

That insufferable arsehole thats on in the mornings on Limericks live 95. Actually, ban the whole station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Kings of Leon, at least until Caleb hits puberty and stops screeching when he reaches the end of a line, or sings in a way that doesn't require subtitles for his lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Tony Fenton. ****ing hell, every middle of the road piece of crap song is not "great" or groundbreaking.

Also Razorlight, HATE them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Calla95 wrote: »
    Neyos A Legend ! The kings of leon are a heap of crap . lik c'mon . whats up with there name ? They **** ! Just Face it ! :)

Their Father & Grandfather are ministers, both called Leon, originally they were going to follow in his footsteps & study as ministers, fortunately for those of us who can appreciate good music, they followed their gut instincts and tried to make it in the music industry using their talent. Ne-Yo a legend? Thats right - you're a legend these days if you appear on Cribs - you won't see the Kings on that because they have a little self respect & like the last of a dying breed - they won't blow their cash on the latest Ferrari/Bentley/Porsche - they'll just get locked & enjoy themselves like normal human beings.

Same As wrote: »
    Thats a reference to a Hunter S.Thompson quote when he said something along the lines of "America's raising a generation of Dancers" ....That said,Thompson was prone to tripping balls on drugs! :pac:

Did you research that much?? I'd say a friend told you!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Anything that's on Mid West Radio.

iregk wrote: »

We all live in a yellow submarine - The Beetles (how off their faces were they?)

So off their faces they let Ringo sing the lyrics....thats fairly messy I'd say!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Kings of Leon...Hate that guys screeching voice. and everybody seems to love em..just dont get it. Also lady gaga, irritating shi*e in the extreme. and shes not that good looking either she just sticks a load of crap over her face to disguise the fact. oh and neyo/chris brown any of that bland generic r and b crud:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Tony Fenton. ****ing hell, every middle of the road piece of crap song is not "great" or groundbreaking.

Also Razorlight, HATE them!

+1 on both these. Tony Fenton doesn't necessarily have a bad show, but just his voice & condescending tone drive me mad & he plays way too much U2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Seems like most of the good bands have been banned already from the airwaves, thank goodness for Planet Rock.

Advertisement