Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor vodafone call quality - calls dropped

Options
  • 15-07-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I moved to a new apt and the vodafone call quality (not coverage) is a problem.

When I receive a call I cannot hear all of the conversation, and sometimes the call gets dropped.

Vodafone coverage ie signal is fine - 100%, meteor call quality is fine, the problem is the same if I move my sim card to another handset. Vodafone call quality in other apts in the building, in the underground car-park is fine.

So the problem is limited to vodafone, to call quality, to this part of the building.

Vodafone customer support said that call quality can sometimes be affected by the structure of the building ie steel or concrete. There is a very thick stone wall nearby. But why would that have an impact on Vodafone and not on other networks such as Meteor.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

rye1967 wrote: »
    Anyone got any thoughts?

Depends on so many factors - the location of the mast, the location of the wall, the distance to mast, the handset itself and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rye_212

Well I have ruled out the handset as the issue by using another handset.

I would have thought that those other factors - location of mast etc would impact coverage/reception rather than call quality. But coverage/reception is 100%, but call quality is bad, and I don't understand that.

I think my only option is to switch to another provider.

Advertisement